+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feral Druid 4.2 Dps rotation

Feral Druid 4.2 Dps rotation

Hello, I am fairly new to the game, I started just before cataclysm was released. My boyfriend got me into and has helped me quite a bit with game lingo ect.. I chose a feral Druid as my first toon, and have been practicing Dps rotations to help my chances at being more successful in a raid. As much as I have looked on the internet (Elitestjerks, wowhead, joystiq ect.. I cannot seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. I don't have much for FL gear, but am fairly well geared as far as 4.1 goes.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...balhank/simple is my armory. (Hopefully it shows my PVE gear on there and not my PVP- I am switched to in the game currently)

My rotation:

If I am able to start in prowl, I feral charge then ravage the target. If I am able to stay behind the target I shred until 5 combo points, then Rip the target. I make sure both mangle and rake are up on the target at all times as it is possible, and basically continue the rotation. I also use tigers fury as it becomes available, as well as berserk if on a boss.

Am I missing something? I donít seem to do that great of damage averaging in between 14-15k single target. I have seen others well under geared compared to me dealing 17k+ single target.

I want to be a better druid!!! Please help any suggestions on enchants, gemming, glyphs, anything! (I currently have a PVP weapon, helm as well as neck piece, I am working on replacing these)

4.2 Feral DPS Single Target Priority List:

1. Mangle keep up
    2. Tiger's Fury everytime it's up
    3. Berserk everytime it's up
    4. Shred if Omen of Clarity procs
    5. Rip keep up with 5 combo points
    6. Rake keep up
    7. Savage Roar keep up
    8. Shred for Rip extensions & combo points
    9. Ferocious Bite with 5 points (when target is -25%)

opening rotation should be something like feral charge > mangle > rake > shred until 5cp > tiger fury and rip > ravage and then follow the priority list.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Wow thanks!! I appreciate it. I will start practicing that right away.

Any more info or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    4.2 Feral DPS Single Target Priority List:

1. Mangle keep up
    2. Tiger's Fury everytime it's up
    3. Berserk everytime it's up
    4. Shred if Omen of Clarity procs
    5. Rip keep up with 5 combo points
    6. Rake keep up
    7. Savage Roar keep up
    8. Shred for Rip extensions & combo points
    9. Ferocious Bite with 5 points (when target is -25%)

opening rotation should be something like feral charge > mangle > rake > shred until 5cp > tiger fury and rip > ravage and then follow the priority list.
    don't use the free ravage right off the bat wait til you're low on energy and then use it.

Quote Originally Posted by uglie View Post
    don't use the free ravage right off the bat wait til you're low on energy and then use it.
    which is why i put it after spending 5cp's on rip....with 2/2 predatory strikes ravage will almost be a guaranteed crit which will give you 2 cp's via primal fury
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Isn't your spec slightly off, I would take all three points in [Furor], reduce the spell dmg reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciscoo View Post
    Isn't your spec slightly off, I would take all three points in [Furor], reduce the spell dmg reduction.
    I will take a look, I copied someone in my guild that has great dps, and he said to copy his.

Anyone have suggestions on an awesome feral druid's spec to copy?

Quote Originally Posted by behindblueyes21 View Post
    I will take a look, I copied someone in my guild that has great dps, and he said to copy his.

Anyone have suggestions on an awesome feral druid's spec to copy?
    Here is an idea, why can't you learn the spec and how the talents affect your damage so you can spec yourself and adjust your talents on a fight per fight basis.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    Here is an idea, why can't you learn the spec and how the talents affect your damage so you can spec yourself and adjust your talents on a fight per fight basis.
    feral cat spec is not like most dps specs were the choices are cut and dry where everyone uses a cookie cutter spec. you have the option of 4 talent points after you get the "necessary" talents. you can take 3/3 perseverance to reduce dmg taken for progression and only lose very slight dps. same goes for 2/2 nurturing instinct to boost healing done on you and by you (feral tranquility is nothing to dismiss). you could also get thick hide in case a tank goes down if you are quick about it to save a pull. you can get any of these with a very small impact on lost dps but bring so much more to your raid that it can be better in some cases.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I ran with an absolutely retarded spec for when I was in for baleroc hard mode progression (which was really only when a main spec dps did not show up but still) and I found I actually liked it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Uc01!!SakSdZhTgSZ!bYQ!cXVlmnLIH

I cannot tell you the number of times we used 2 battle rezes on the same person because mine was instant and by the time the other person hears you through vent it is to late at that point cuz of vent lag.

The only fight where the ravage talent really makes sense this tier is alysrazor IMO (for after meteors on hard mode to get to the brushfire adds), so that is pretty much 4 wasted talent points on 6/7 fights.

Maybe I am alone in this because I am offspec dps and other main spec cats have one spec with them and one spec without them? but I cannot understand why people take those 4 points, if someone could explain it.

+ Reply to Thread