+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is savage defense broken?

Is savage defense broken?

So, spent tonight doing heroic rhy (first night attempting, got to 22% in 2 hours), but because of some schedule conflicts, had to bring in some backups and go to BWD to kill Heroic Nef. We are replacing our offtank, so thought it might be a decent chance to get a good shield for him.

Well, anyway...I am usually the nef tank, but tonight I was doing ony \ the adds because it takes a bit more skill and knowledge of the fight. We kept wiping to a bugged add (not the topic of this thread), but during the runs I was being told I was taking way more damage than I should be. I went and looked at my self healing and found this.

Last Nef Kill

Rudolpho's Absorbs
    1. Savage Defense Count 14 Absorbed 55674
    So, over a 6 minute fight I had a total of 55674 absorbed from Savage Defense.
    With my mastery I am suppose to put up a shield = to 97% of my attack power for 50% of my crits, and my AP was sitting around 25k for most of the fight. So basically, according to this, I got about the equivalent of 2 savage defenses in aborbs.

That is with
    55 Crits from Melee
    28 Crits from Lacerate (not the dot)
    22 Crits from Swipe
    22 Crits from Thrash (not the dot)
    8 Crits from Mangle
    8 Crits from Maul
    5 Crits from Pulverize

Even with just the crits from Melee I should have had 27.5 Savage Defense procs. I cannot remember if Lacerate or Thrash are suppose to proc savage defense (I know the bleed part does not), but no matter what, I should have absorbed way way more than 55k.

I know there was a point in T11 that I was hitting 1-2 mil, or sometimes even more, in absorbs from savage defense from almost every fight.

I went back and looked at the overall for the time we spent on nef and found that I had only absorbed a total of 600k over multiple multiple fights. This was not wiping us, as we eventually found the bug that was wiping us and called it a night, but something is seriously wrong here.

Savage defense was account for 15-20% of my self healing for each fight, with Leader of the Pack covering the other 80-85%. This is backwards. I am used to seeing it closed to 20-40% leader of the pack, and 60-80% SD.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I the only one?
    Rudolpho, Blackwing's Bane
    Pravus Dei - Bleeding Hollow PVP [Horde]

http://pravusdei-guild.com/

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

j/k, respec prob won't help, but it does look weird.
    Question: was it just Nef? or Rhy as well?
    If it was just Nef, deffo put in a ticket & explain that SD doesn't work properly on that fight
    If it's on all, I'ld guess blame patch, but wouldn't know how it's being caused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Turns out its an issue with logging and recount. WOL corrects it, but recount no longer shows SD correctly (it used to). SD itself is not broken.
    Rudolpho, Blackwing's Bane
    Pravus Dei - Bleeding Hollow PVP [Horde]

http://pravusdei-guild.com/

+ Reply to Thread