+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Star Craft 2

Star Craft 2

hey guys, im new to RTS games in general ( i tried wacraft 3 few months ago, i got up to near the end of human campaign before i gave up lol, but i did enjoy it, and will eventually finish it , but that's as far as my RTs experience goes ), but I have now finally decided to give RTS a proper go. Im getting Star Craft 2 as we speak. i seen some youtube videos about it, and it sounds like a really complicated hard game, for eg saw some dude on youtube doing something he said was previously thought impossible ( something about 4 v 1 terons) .

My question is, how hard is this game really? will i be able to get the hang of it fast? Or am i gonna have to start researching alot of stuff, and reading guides before playing ( /sigh) . Dont really care about on-line competitions , will probably just play the computer . I want to jump on this bandwagon, so where the best place to start? any advice please?

Cheers.
    "Gnoma Brasi sleeps withs the murlocs"

You don't have to beat the campaign on Brutal difficulty for it to be fun. You can still have fun beating it on Casual difficulty. You don't have to be a master's league player to have fun in multiplayer environment. You can be perfectly content in the bronze league.

Starcraft 2 scales quite well for varying levels of skill.

The game is as hard as you want it to be.

You can learn as you go or do additional research, that's entirely up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Krays View Post
    so where the best place to start?
    I find the best place to start is with trumpets.

Team Liquid's Wiki is a fairly decent resource.
    http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Main_Page

Just watching games is a great way to learn as well.
    Watch Day[9]'s dailies (Site, Archive, Live Stream). Watch games cast by people like (but not limited to) Day[9], Husky, HDStarcraft, and PsyStarcraft. You can also watch GSL on GOMTV.net
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 07-20-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quinafoi is completely correct. Just don't stress about the game, its meant to be fun after all. Play through the singleplayer campaign at whatever difficulty you prefer. Go online if you want. Don't worry about getting smashed because they'll do their best to match you up with people at roughly your skill level. Just have fun with it. Later on you can decide to take it more seriously as you naturally get better with more time played.

Thanks guys, started playing now.

One question why didnt it let me choose a race at the start of the campaign? was that normal, seems im forced to be human(they didnt call themselves human , but they sure looked human)? I thought starcraft 2 has lots of races, that you choose to play with ? Or am i misunderstanding something here?

PS. sometimes when that woman is speaking in the bottom left corner ( the grey one), she stutters, is that supposed to happen to simulate radio interference ? or am i playing on too high a graphic/sound setting?

Wings of Liberty is only the Terran Campaign. The next expansion, Heart of the Swarm will be the Zerg Campaign. And then the second expansion will be the Protoss Campaign. This may feel like you are getting less, but in fact you are getting much more in terms of story and content. And the number of missions in the Terran Campaign alone is about the number of missions in all three race campaigns in the first Starcraft. Don't think of it so much as not having the content of the other races as having three times the content for the specific race at a time. Also the story is being told in a chronological order. Even the first Starcraft and Warcraft 3 you didn't actually pick your race immediately because one campaign follows another in the story line. In this case however you have to wait for the expansion for the second part in the story.

Also in part of the campaign you will have the opportunity to play as Protoss. You don't get any opportunity to play as Zerg however unless you play multiplayer or custom games. You can play all three races in single player custom games or in multiplayer games. You can also play multiplayer cooperative against the computer if you prefer not playing against people but playing with people on your team.

And it's supposed to sound that way as part of the experience. Not all technology works perfectly.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 07-21-2011 at 07:40 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Ah cool, good to know my game isn't broken or missing something. Was thinking i was missing some disc lol.

thanks.

Another thing i would suggest would be to friend people from tankspot that have the game as well, normally people will be on the "Tankspot" chat channel, myself whenever i'm online, and can have some fun games, also can add friends too from tankspot.

If you want theres a complete thread in the donor forums about all SC2 related goods and would be a good place to start as well :-)
    Why blow up kegs of beer? if anything the horde should steal it instead, much better use!

just bought it and cant wait to play but is anybody having massive download times... it takes a night to download a gb ... could it be that blizzard ar having lots of trouble because starcraft 1 just came free to play and lots of people are downloading that.....

doubt it, chances are you might have some of the ports that bnet 2.0 uses being blocked, make sure to go to their FAQ page, and setup the appropriate port forwarding for bnet games like sc2.

patches are also just big, it happens, but shouldn't be that common.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

thanks guys i have found the problem peer to peer needs to be turn off and turbo on, and then u wont be waiting until christmas to download the game xD

and what a game sc2 is!!!

+ Reply to Thread