+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Updated Druid Guide?

Updated Druid Guide?

Hello,

I was interested in possibly writing an updated druid healing guide to reflect the changes that have effected us in Cataclysm. Would people be interested in an updated guide?

Thanks

Sean

There's no resto druids around here!

But I'm a resto druids can I not come play?

You can! There's just not many trees around here is all. =( I try talking about tree stuff and people just ignore me because they're talking about Shields and tanky stuff. /sad

Well I'm here for you hehe I'll write it anyways (probably write it tomorrow night).

any and all guides, (written well of course!) are always welcome. =]

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Make a macro with

/lol
    /cast rejuv

and you're more then set for it. Before t11 druids had to struggle with their mana pools but nowadays at 130k+ maxmana it's just the same ICC trend again. Only things changed from there: Tranq is a now a raidcooldown with only 3 minutes timer and you don't hear those "burning tree" jokes all day long.

Yeah, no. Not even close. My mana pool is quite a bit over 130k (About 140.1k to be exact.) and I can't just stand there spamming Rejuv, nor would that even be effective for most situations. Lets not just throw out random nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    Yeah, no. Not even close. My mana pool is quite a bit over 130k (About 140.1k to be exact.) and I can't just stand there spamming Rejuv, nor would that even be effective for most situations. Lets not just throw out random nonsense.
    On 25m Rejuv + WG + Swiftmend's Efflorencence easily making up for 2/3 of your total healing with tranq coming 4th. It really comes down to keeping both WG and Swiftmend (this will procc mastery as well) on cooldown while pushing Rejuv in between and tranq every so often, lifebloom on tanks -> fishing for OoC proccs.

Things differs a LOT for 10m raiding, depending on the fight, your role, other healers (eg: disc priests) and raid's positioning you'll have to use HT for tanks while trying to maintain 100% lifebloom uptime and weaving in Regrowth for heavily injured party members once in a while. Efflorescence is noticeable less strong while WG's healing portion is outstanding on most fights.

Things differs a LOT for 10m raiding, depending on the fight, your role, other healers (eg: disc priests) and raid's positioning you'll have to use HT for tanks while trying to maintain 100% lifebloom uptime and weaving in Regrowth for heavily injured party members once in a while. Efflorescence is noticeable less strong while WG's healing portion is outstanding on most fights.
    Same thing applies to 25m, if I didn't do all those things I'd be pretty useless.

Hmm guide would be nice i am still pretty new to druid healing managed to heal tier 11 since nerf and shannox upto now would be nice to have something to read through see if i am on the right track

yeah im a new 85.. havnt played for a while and coming back to my resto druid for the first time since ICC so a comprehensive guide would be brill!

+ Reply to Thread