+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Protection Paladin Tanking reforge / gem help

Protection Paladin Tanking reforge / gem help

Hey everyone, thanks for any help you can give.

I am trying to maximize my mitigation for my tank spec. Below is my armory page, and what i am trying to do is see what advice you can give on my gear for gems/re-forge. What would be the best route for me to go and what gems should I have in the sockets, and what should I concentrate on reforge, as I cant reforge into mastery any more.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Coastal/simple

Thanks in advance.
    Coastal

Blue: puissant emerald
    Yellow: puissant emerald
    Red: guardian's demoneye

If there is no mastery on an item, reforge so that there is. Prioritise reforging hit and expertise to mastery, if there is parry + dodge on an item you will generally want to reforge the higher of the two.

@Pyrea One of the simplest and yet precise explanations I have read so far.

But yeah, lose all those Dodge/Stam and Expertise/Dodge gems and get some stam/mastery or mastery/parry gems in there. Gemming for threat should not be needed. Unless you are extremely unlucky at the beginning of an encounter, Vengeance makes up more than enough for any lack of hit or expertise.

Plus the couple of percents of hit and expertise you get from gems won't guarantee any styles landing anyway, since the OP is significantly below the two caps (2.7% hit and 9 (+10) expertise).

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    Blue: puissant emerald
    Yellow: puissant emerald
    Red: guardian's demoneye

If there is no mastery on an item, reforge so that there is. Prioritise reforging hit and expertise to mastery, if there is parry + dodge on an item you will generally want to reforge the higher of the two.
    Generally agree with Pyrea, although as you gear up and have sufficient stamina for the content from gear alone, you can shift to:
    Blue: Puissant Emerald (stam/mastery)
    Yellow: Fractured Amberjewel (mastery)
    Red: Fine Ember Topaz (parry/mastery)

+ Reply to Thread