+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot warrior : Damage inc!!

Prot warrior : Damage inc!!

Ok,

I didnt want to do this, but It has been brought to my attention that that taking far too much damage. Thus, it is time to confront tankspot.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cqulent/simple

feel free to ask any questions..

Truc
    Reev: So, do I macro /dance into Shield Slam now? Raysere: Yes, I hear it increases your DPS Gold balance gear quality attractiveness to the opposite gender considerably

1. It's minor, but the leg enchants switched up. Now it's the Stam/Dodge.

2. Block is at only 50%, that will lead to slightly more chunks of damage.

3. You have 4 dodge/stam gems instead of mastery/stam

4. You have a parry/mastery gem in your belt prismatic socket instead of pure mastery

5. You haven't reforged. At all. So many items without mastery reforged onto them. Wait, you have reforged, but INTO expertise from parry?

6. I still haven't seen a good explanation of the math behind it, but parry is now only slightly above dodge since 4.2 with the change that agility doesn't give dodge % (subject to diminishing returns) but instead base dodge is now 5%. Somehow this change has lead to parry rating being only a couple hundred over dodge rating (since there's no 'hidden' agility giving dodge % anymore).

7. I'd still take the TB trinket, Mirror of Broken Images over the Alch trinket every day of the week. Even in firelands. Yes, you lose some stam, but the mastery gain is not insignfiicant, as is the huge magic damage reduction on a 1min timer. Not as valuable as in T11, but still very nice.

The last one is a question I can't see in the gear - which fights are they saying you take too much damage and when do you use your defensive CDs in those fights?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I just finished all of the suggested changes according to dr robot, but it does seem like after everything was done, the difference is minor.
    Reev: So, do I macro /dance into Shield Slam now? Raysere: Yes, I hear it increases your DPS Gold balance gear quality attractiveness to the opposite gender considerably

Tru, for Fury, only gem hybrid for a +10 str bonus or a +20 crit/hit bonus per gem (and basically you'll only gem to hit crit/hit bonuses in the helm or if it's a 2 gem slot item with 1 slot bring red - but your chest should probably be dual 40 str, since the socket bonus is only haste).

Expertise, Haste, Mastery don't give you enough (unless you absolutely can't reforge into 26 expertise) to forgo the 20 str in a hybrid gem.

Also, your prismatic gem slot should be +40 str, not hybrid.

To keep in mind for upgrades in the future. Looks like your Fury spec is just for fun, so nothing major.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    Tru, for Fury, only gem hybrid for a +10 str bonus or a +20 crit/hit bonus per gem (and basically you'll only gem to hit crit/hit bonuses in the helm or if it's a 2 gem slot item with 1 slot bring red - but your chest should probably be dual 40 str, since the socket bonus is only haste).

Expertise, Haste, Mastery don't give you enough (unless you absolutely can't reforge into 26 expertise) to forgo the 20 str in a hybrid gem.

Also, your prismatic gem slot should be +40 str, not hybrid.

To keep in mind for upgrades in the future. Looks like your Fury spec is just for fun, so nothing major.
    ph im not worried about fury at all... its just for laughs. Im really concerned with prot. the amount of damage ive been taking in comparsion to the other tanks in the guild is ....... not small enough to go unnoticed.

which fights are they saying you take too much damage and when do you use your defensive CDs in those fights?
    Would like to know this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohk View Post
    Would like to know this as well.

No one fight, just in general.

Quote Originally Posted by truculent View Post
    No one fight, just in general.
    Typically if it's in general there are 3 causes:

1. Mastery being too low leading to too many full, unmitigated hits coming in. And you've gone mastery centric now, which should help with this.

2. Demo shout and TC falling off regularlly can increase damage signficantly. <--- this is what I'm most often guilty of

3. Not using CDs appropriately.

CD usage at the right time will be a huge increase in healibility.

Unfortunately, outside of specific examples, there's not a lot of specifics.

I can agree with logan Demoshout and TC are big ones. I always used to let demo shout fall off. Then I started using Dot Tracker - awesome addon.

Tracks my Rend, Demo shout, TC, Sunder stacks - very nice. The icons remain visible until they are applied to the target. Once they are on them the icons disappear. Helped me out a lot

+ Reply to Thread