+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Right click targeting

Right click targeting

Hi there,

I've had a problem for a while and been searching the web for ages. However i still havent found a solution to this problem.

I just AWSD for moving, like most. AD for strafeing and right click to turn my character.

My problem is when i release my right click button, if my mouse if hovering over a NPC, Mob or Player it will target it and i'll lose my current target.

Its pretty hard to know where your mouse is at when you right click, since it'll disappear off the screen, and during boss fights and pvping its a huge problem for me since i'll either have to target the person with my mouse or tab target. Both is a problem in fights with alot of players/mobs.

I've seen alot of ppl have the same problem, but i never seen an actual solution to the problem.

I hope someone here will be able to help me, since its been bothering me for a while now.

Thank you in advance.

Have you tried using the "Sticky targeting" option in the interface menu? That should stop you accidentally losing your current target.

Already on im affraid. that wont keep me for targeting another player by using rightclick for turning

This sounds like you messed up a base keybinding. A key up event on the WorldFrame layer shouldn't actually resolve to anything.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I've actually did a little experimenting and what you describe isn't actually possible assuming your camera did in fact move. If you simply clicked on the WorldFrame and released it then the right click and left click both have the same default function which is to target what was clicked on. If your camera moved at all, it will not change your target on the key up event of the mouse. This is the default behavior which suggests you're clicking technique is a bit to random like you are right clicking to steer and then not actually steering. If you're clicking unnecessarily, then you'll get unnecessary results.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Hmm, maybe its a mouse issue then, cause i've tried doing the same loads of times, to check if it was my clicking technique that was fucking it up. but when i right click. move camera, and release on top of a NPC, itll target it.

Maybe your mouse is registering an extra click when it shouldn't be? My mouse sometimes does that (it's 4 years old, maybe I need a new one).

Tbh i think you're right, that could be the case.

Thanks all, at least i now know that it shouldnt change target when moving the camera

Must be the mouse then

Don't know if I would buy a new mouse just yet. I had/have the same problem with my MX Revolution. Sent it back thinking it was a bad button and started using my Sidewinder X8. Same problem with that mouse. Received my new MX and it does the same thing from time to time. Also, I leave my spells unlocked (trying different things from time to time) and find that I pull the spells off on the up-click. Could it be a problem between the software and the game or even a lag between my game and the servers?

+ Reply to Thread