+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alysrazor

@Ganet, that is right. At that point, it's just a matter of burning the boss and tank swapping when stacks drop off.
    Worse than you.

Will this debuff increase damage for DK army or only direct hits from DK and pets don't get bonuses?
    If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average

Only the person with the imprint buff gets the benefit. Pets aren't imprinted so no they do not benefit.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Greetings. On our attempts in 10 man last week we had major issues killing the hatchlings in time. The one on my side (solo hance + dk tank and heals) died JUST before the tornadoes spawned. On the other side (ret + hunter + rogue + war tank with thorns from his two healers) the hatchling is at like 20% when tornadoes spawn. I dont know what else to do as RL. The only thing left is to pull our fire Mage down from his superman thing. All dps is at least 20k. Both tanks are neck and neck at 80k. The war tank is getting roflstomped by his chicken, necessitating the two healers for the spikes. I have no other consistent raiders, but I don't think it's a personnel issue. Suggestions?

Shambells,

Thorns, Ret Aura, Retaliation (war move) work insanely well. If you still need tanks to do more dps make sure they hit cap/exp for a level 87 mob. We spend about 2 hours perfecting HOW to kill them in time ourselves the other night, a little reforging (or possibly switching in a few dps pieces - not sure exactly what they did) and they were pulling over 100k during p1 and adds dropped in time. Healers didn't mind healing them with the few changes. Make sure the tanks switch back afterwards though - we ran into that problem lol

We wiped something like 50 times on normal mode (blah) before coming up with this, which worked nicely:

Left side:
    Prot Warrior
    Holy Paladin
    BM Hunter
    Rogue

Right Side:
    Prot Warrior
    Resto Shaman
    Destro Lock
    Feral Cat (me)

Air:
    Boomkin
    Shadow Priest

We were not having major problems previously downing the big adds, mostly because warrior tanks do insane damage here. We were previously 3-healing with one flyer, but having problems getting enough damage on Alysrazor (we had one attempt at 13 minutes, where she was still at over 30%). The add on the right side seems to "bug" more often and sometimes double up on the Firoblasts, even when interrupted, so we put the more durable melee on that side (feral). Each melee interrupted their add on the first and 3rd casts, and we had enough dps on them that often there was no 3rd cast. I don't know how random the targeting is on the Firoblast, but frequently the 2nd one would target me (much more than 1/10), so I'd pool combo points, Barkskin, and Ferocious Bite (glyphed) for some health back. There were lulls every 3(?) casters where I could jump on the spiders and throw some dots. Feral Charge's CD is *perfectly* timed to reaching every single caster.

I believe we had Alysrazor down to about 47% after the first ground phase, and killed her shortly after the 2nd. Now that our mage is back, this will be even faster.

If you can 2-heal this, do it. There's really not a lot of raid damage going out provided things die in a timely manner.
    Last edited by Nimuryl; 08-05-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Also, I discovered the other day that I can use Tranquility while running on the tornadoes phase. My goodness does that ever help increase survivability. Every druid should be hitting tranq on that phase if possible, priests need to do the same with Divine Hymm. Heck that phase is a fantastic time to use Hymm of Hope even.

If you have 2 feathers stay near the center for the tornados. When they spawn try to run behind one inner tornado. You are a bit slower than the tornado. Thats ok. If you do it well you do not need to change your path.
    -> save without getting hit by any tornado.

This way you can save your tranq or hymn for 50+ energy where she is going to rape pretty hard. (esp. on heroic with 2 healer)

is there a vid for Alys Heroic? i can't seem to find it.

do you also use pitbull for the boss frames?? was wondering because i use my focus for the boss because i cant find the boss frames

Update with tips

So a couple of things we've learned. Any shaman can solo interrupt a caster on that side on ten man. Just make sure and interrupt the cast late so it doesn't try to double cast it. I've done this as both enhancement where I just solo'ed my add and in one memorable night as resto with a lock to dps the add down while simultaneously healing my tank. That sucked but it's doable in a pinch (how dare my raid healers have real lives?!). The big plus of this it allows you to send up two flyers, which REALLY shortens and simplifies the fight. Also, to update on our earlier problems getting the adds down, we haven't had any problems killing the birdies since calling put to your flyers when the last add spawns to come down and add their redonkulos dps to the hatchlings. This also prevents them from tunneling and staying up too long, which had been a problem. Alys seems to think that more than 0 yards off the ground constitutes still flying and frowns heavily on that, so make sure you come down early. The last tip I have to offer is that when Alys flies through the center of the room she apparently makes no distinctions about cleaving you 100 yards off the ground. Pretty funny to see a dead gnome rain followed by a chorus of WTF on vent though. Seriously, stay out of the center, even if you are flying.

A few things I've seen:

A) Tranq during tornadoes - this is bad. People shouldn't be taking damage. I almost always tank this fight, I have zero feathers, and outside of the tornadoes first spawn, I never take any damage. Now, this isn't supposed to mean I'm awesome - what it means is your people shouldn't be taking damage. There are 2 great ways to avoid damage:

A1) Mouse turning
    A2) Get 2 feathers and chase a tornado around the inner most circle. With 2 feathers you will run as fast.
    A3) 2nd and third torandos, chase one until one passes you the other direction, then switch over and chase that one. You can do this with zero feathers (It's what I do)

Instead of using tranq for tornadoes, I'd suggest you focus more on avoiding the tornados. Outside of a little damage at the beginning, the goal should be no damage taken.

B) Warriors - Recklessness is awesomesauce. Retaliation is very nice. Sunder x3 -> imprintend -> Recklessness/SB->SS ->SnB fishing until Reck falls off. Focusing on DPS rotation rather than TPS (no CB is about it) will be good. I'm running about 5 expertise and <3% hit. There's a few good threads here already on how to WarTank down the hatchlings.

Rogues tricking the tank is win. As in things like Fairy Fire on non-war-tanked hatclings, etc. Just make sure you have all the good debuffs for maximium damage taken (bleed increase on the hatclings and keep rend up for warriors for example).
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Tranquility, Divine Guardian, Aura Mastery etc should be saved for when Alysrazor has >90 energy when she is charging up. Makes sure the damage reductions are up for the knockback.

Post nerf

Things I saw that make this fight lol. The caster adds will rarely cast the spell now, only once with good dps. The damage lowering means most guilds should be able to two heal this now. This means 4 dps in the air and she won't get off the ground. Happy face smashing. Obviously normal 10 man mode, btw.

And, best of all you can be really stupid with tornados and worms still up and not die, as I found out last night.

+ Reply to Thread