+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trinket Decision

Spindle is very good. I wish it was on a 30s CD but oh well. Essence should be amazing on H Alysrazor, I really wish I got more rep earlier. Its probably also BiS for Baelroc as Spindles proc is completely useless there. TS is TB and I don't see how 35% magic reduction can be outdate for as long as bosses keep using magic.

Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    Its probably also BiS for Baelroc
    Depends on what your tanking. Correct me if im wrong, but in my experience on Baelroc you cant block devastation blade, thus mastery trinkets are useless for the devastation tank. Getting a bit moar HP to only need 2 stacks to have 250K+ or a avoidance trinket to try to not take a blade all together prove more usefull. Of course if your guild solo-tanks it, blocking will still be important for the remainder of the fight, as it will for the main tank on the two-tank version.
    And my exact words were "Resistance is nice for specific fights, but in most encounters i beleive TB trink is outdated".
    Im not a native english speaker, but i think i put it quite clearly that my opinion was (in other words the same thing):
    "in specific high magic damage encounters, it is usefull. But as a core trinket, higher stats from more recent tiers make them better choices."
    If you think its still better then all other trinkets available for all fights, by all means, use it. But id say you are mistaken.
    Last edited by aresius; 07-18-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Every single encounter apart from Shannox has high magic bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by aresius View Post
    1000 mastery proc wont be particularly usefull (specially for pallys) once we have full ctc (im 4% away at a cruddy 366 ilvl and using a stam trinket).
    Resistance is nice for specific fights, but in most encounters i beleive TB trink is outdated. Im see myself using scales again as BiS once i dont need the golenblood trinket for full ctc (or possibly the avengers tanking dodge one... who knows).
    For warriors it's awesome, the moment you go below 80k hp you go from 9X CTC to 102.4% so you won't get unlucky gibs from 70-100k melee hits from hardmodes.

Mirror/worm seem to be the best combination except for shannox where spindle/worm is better. Scales of life seems so mediocre and I guess after upgrading it to heroic it might solid.

Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    Essence should be amazing on H Alysrazor, I really wish I got more rep earlier.
    Well the fight isn't tuned for the trinket on 10m heroic anyways. A decent weapon, exp softcap and you're set (at least as a warrior, my paladin brethren had some more troubles with it), Inner Rage (+ Recklessness) seals the deal. For dealing 15k dps (x1000 multiplier) there's no magic needed

Elsewhere somebody mentioned the Apparatus of Khaz'goroth, high baseline threat + accessibility + ~ 120 parry rating + 1725 mastery on use for 15 seconds (2 minutes cooldown), that's ~ 9% block/critblock. But honestly i'd go with Impetuous Query over it..

I know, 400 mastery coming with the Essence trinket is a real let down in Blizzards part. Perhaps, we could reforge some to spirit to tune it a little better.

Im actually very tempted at present to not carry a stam trinket. I lose 10K HP for a 2-3% boost in unhittability all the time. Obv I do change around per fight, think im nuts? or some of you doing that aswell now?

Paladin tanks have much less trouble killing their chicken bones if someone applies the 8% spell damage debuff to it.

I use a mastery trinket and Stay of Execution on Baleroc, as he buffs my health enough to keep up with his damage anyway.

I think I'm going to be doing a lot of switching out to see what I like, Warriors can hit full CTC with two avoidance/mastery trinkets this patch, and I think it that might be useful on fights with high physical damage and relatively low magical damage, like Shannox and Beth'tilac.

I think this is what I'm going to do:

Shannox, Beth'tilac:

Spidersilk Spindle/Stay of Execution

Alysrazor:

Symbiotic Worm (H)/Essence of the Eternal Flame (or Apparatus)

Baelroc:

Vial of Stolen Memories (H)/Mirror of Broken Images

(one for decimation, one for inferno, single tanking).

Rhyolith/Staghelm/Ragnaros:

Depending on how my healers feel, might use:

Scales of Life/Stay of Execution
    Symbiotic Worm (H)/Stay of Execution

I kind of like Stay of Execution better than the Spindle because take it into context.

Spindle will absorb 17K damage every minute, which is 34K every two minutes (assuming you will go under 35% once a minute).
    Stay will absorb 57K damage every 2 minutes, and deal you back 23K, (57-23 = 34) and it's on use. You get to control when, and it's about the same amount of absorb as spindle.

I still REALLY like Worm, and I wish I had the Heroic version.
    Vial is so useful for Baelroc, since we 1 tank it. Getting to hit that during decimation makes me so happy, same with Mirror for Inferno (you even get to have mirror up every time he inferno's assuming he does inferno/deci/inferno/deci etc).

Scales's proc is along the same lines as Stay and Spindle (hey if Disc priests can call their bubbles heals, so can we right?), but it's just a stamina trinket, and does have any sort of mastery.

So basically, if my healers are having trouble keeping me alive due to magic damage, Mirror and Scales are my options. If it's mostly physical damage, try to cover CTC, and use Spindle and Stay. Baelroc and Alysrazor are special exceptions, where perhaps it's more useful to have special trinkets.
    To all the Tanks that gem Stamina: "It's not the magic attack that kills you, it's the physical attack before and after."

Quote Originally Posted by aresius View Post
    Depends on what your tanking. Correct me if im wrong, but in my experience on Baelroc you cant block devastation blade, thus mastery trinkets are useless for the devastation tank.
    i actually went and bought the worst trinket in the game for tanking devastation blades. bedrock talisman can proc every 30 seconds, and coupled with an on-use dodge trinket, i found it useful for this fight.

That is actually a really good idea now you mention it marklar. Damn, I think I need to go farm some 5 mans now :<

Wow. Mark, you hit a spot. Im envious i didint think aobut that.

+ Reply to Thread