+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trinket Decision

Trinket Decision

Our guild is just starting off with Firelands, and I got Scales of Life. Wondering what I should use between Symbiotic Wyrm, or Vial of Stolen Memories? (both 359 version)

I also have the Mastery trinket from Tol Barad as well, but only use that for fights needed on it.

Symbiotic worm; because mastery > dodge, and because its one less button to push. Take Spidersilk Spindle, Moonwell Phial or Stay of Execution over either T11 trinkets as soon as you are able though.

Scales are bad as right now, nothing more than a stamina boost. TB are SW are both fantastic, at least until you get the Spindle and unhittable.
    Last edited by kopcap; 07-14-2011 at 01:14 AM.

i use spindle and sw and often tb trinket. i am considering graben Essence of the Eternal Flame and usen that with spindle instead of sw(heroic)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=69002

Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    Scales are bad as right now, nothing more than a stamina boost. TB are SW are both fantastic, at least until you get the Spindle and unhittable.
    Scales of Life give a ~20k (from warrior talents) self-heal every 1 minute, whats bad about that? I think warriors particularly appreciate it since they dont have many source of self-healing. It seems to be on par with the proc from spindle & on-use from stay, though I will grant you those are both more attractive trinkets since they contribute to the pursuit of unhitable status.

imo all their procs u just mentioned r pretty much terrible. it reminds me of the blue trinket from naax that abosorbed a lil damage. its all about that stats and the 575 stam is just not that important. a 20k heal once every 60 secs is lol.

Sorry, perhaps bad wording. Its certainly acceptable esp for a new tank, just really underwhelming comparing to our other options both for magic and melee. I just can't see much use for it provided we have other choices until we reach unhittable. Even then its gonna be more like "650 stam" rather than "25k on use". Can't see it the same sort of lifesaver that TB or Worm were.

Don't forget that Symbiotic Worm can cover combat table fully when it matters. With 10 sec of shield block, 10 sec of 4 piece, and 10 sec where SW can save you without another cooldown it's BiS imo.

Quote Originally Posted by pulled View Post
    imo all their procs u just mentioned r pretty much terrible. it reminds me of the blue trinket from naax that abosorbed a lil damage. its all about that stats and the 575 stam is just not that important. a 20k heal once every 60 secs is lol.
    Okay, I get that you're not all that impressed by the proc / on-use effects of the t12 tanking trinkets, but since their stat component makes them clearly superior to the t11h trinks, I dont see the relevance to your complaint; when I said they were equivalent I meant to each other, not to older trinkets we wont be using.

Yes, stam is less desirable than equivalent amounts of dodge of mastery prior to becoming unhitable, i never claimed otherwise; the OP was asking which of the two 359 stam tank trinkets should be replaced by the only 378 tank trinket he actually has.

A 20k heal may not sound like much, but then how much does a potion or a healthstone heal for? about the same, and what competent tank would chose to go without both of those given a choice? A 20k heal at the right moment can definitely save a tank's life; any time one dies from less than 20k overkill, thats a situation where a 20k heal would have made more difference than a temporary 2% increase in dodge or mastery or whatever.

TLDR; Scales arent a BiS trinket by any stretch, but its pure hyperbole to say they are worthless.

i said its lol not worthless, and i dont use healing pots i use golemblood. 20k is pretty bad, actually terribad but not worthless. The OP was asken to compare basically only procs b/c all of them r stam trinkets. imo dont use the vial b/c the proc is bad compared to dodge and mastery.

u then started talken about other trinkets and referring to their procs which in no way shape why you would use them, its 98 percent the main stats on all the trinkets u mentioned and vial happens to have the worst stat of those. the trinket is a waste of money if u get it sell it and go use a blue from 5mans if u have nothing else.

how about the apparatus? i recently got this (MS is arms), but it's pretty underwhelming for dps. however, i'm considering using it on the fights where i have to tank.

the strength gives some base parry, and the use effect should certainly push normal hits well off the combat table and give you a good chunk of crit block at the same time.

2540 mastery for 15 sec / 2 minutes sounds like a decent option, doesn't it?

If my calculations are correct it will be equivalent to an 18-19% SW against melee in max mastery build. Couple with SB it should theoritically push block off the table or so I think.

I intend to use rep mastery/str proc trinket along with my Spidersilk to go unhittable and have a trinketed golenblood. Meanwhile, im using scales of life(zzz 800 rep to go. should get it tuesday).

The heal from the Scales scales with +healing effects on you, and can crit. With Avenging Wrath it heals me for 23-24k non-crit - about the same as my word of glory. Pair it with WoG and I can get 50 odd k from both, and if one or both crit I will be looking at 70-90k healing instantly. Which is not bad by any stretch of the imagination. You can also upgrade it to 391 ilvl, at which point it is giving 650 stamina and a 19k base heal, which is 106 stamina more than the 372 Symbiotic worm.

as a warrior tank, i've got mirror of Broken images* & Symbiotic Worm(hc) and recently purchased scales of life, is it worth replacing the worm for it and then replacing the broken images trinket for spidersilk spinder? or just save the scales of life till i can upgrade it to hc version of it?
    Last edited by Achilliesx; 07-17-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Do you mean the Vial of Stolen Memories (valiona/theralion trinket) or the Mirror of Broken Images (tol'barad trinket)?

*above post fixed
    Last edited by Achilliesx; 07-17-2011 at 03:38 PM.

A 20-25k heal (with talent) on a one minute timer looks rather underwhelming compared to a reliable 1000 mastery procc or 400 resistance. And i don't see the great benefit of the additional 106 stamina just yet. With the awesome low droprate on upgrade tokens (at least on 10m) i can't see you upping the trinket before september, assuming you'll give neck and ring (and maybe relic/thrown) the priority.

But honestly all those new trinkets look kind of 'meh', Stay of Execution has a 2 minutes cooldown. Spidersilk Spindle absorbs even less then Scales of Life heals for and you can't control it. And finally Essence of the Eternal Flame grants a shorter Golemblood Potion (+1200 strength = 1.x% parry) for free, which is only a snap aggro tool.

I run with similar trinkets (worm/mirror) and will replace them with Spindle/Essence, unless i'm in need of the resistance.

I use heroic symbiotic worm + tol barad trinket. That's what kungen/xav seem to wear(well, the worm at least) when I armory them. I'm probably swapping pieces with the beth'tilac trinket depending on the physical/magic balance of damage.

1000 mastery proc wont be particularly usefull (specially for pallys) once we have full ctc (im 4% away at a cruddy 366 ilvl and using a stam trinket).
    Resistance is nice for specific fights, but in most encounters i beleive TB trink is outdated. Im see myself using scales again as BiS once i dont need the golenblood trinket for full ctc (or possibly the avengers tanking dodge one... who knows).

+ Reply to Thread