+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Warrior Prot Threat Gen

Quote Originally Posted by pulled View Post
    Just looking at it 50 threat on block
    60 percent chance to block
    boss swing speed is 2.6
    2 whole talent points

perhaps on aoe pulls when im blocking more often but even then that's when i would want imp rev.
    i just don't see how you justify taking the talents

edit: ill let you guys do the tps gain math, but all i know is that a baby kitten does more tps then that talent. : )
    Okay, lets say you're in a punching bag fight, Patchwerk style. 60 seconds / 2.86 (because you have the attack speed debuff up to slow the incoming attack swing) = ~21 incoming swings per minute.

Lets assume you have 30% avoidance and 60% block. Leaving roughly 7% more chance for block (with remaining rolled over into crit block when SB is up). Using SB 2x a minute means 20 seconds at 67% chance of block, 40 seconds at 60% chance.

So... those 21 attacks, roughly 7 of them (33%) will come with a 67% block chance (SB up) and 14 with 60%.
    7*.67 + 14*.6 = ~4.6+8.3 = 13 blocks per minute.

Roughly 13 blocks per minute * 10 rage = 130 rage. That's 4+ HS or cleaves, or other combinations of talents. That, is a chunk of threat.

Your baby kitten doesn't do more threat than 4 HS.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

So watchen my major domo fight again i literally never missed 1 hs or cleave or never was starved for rage. This goes back to the "thrown away chicken." atm you are trying to sell me a piece of chicken that i know i cannot eat and will throw away when i can get a perfectly good cheesecake for the same price that i will eat. I wont gain 4 hs from this talent.On top of that i feel like this is some of the healers mana regen talents and at some point when they find themselves not going oom on fights its actually a waste for them to spend the points.

Quote Originally Posted by pulled View Post
    So watchen my major domo fight again i literally never missed 1 hs or cleave or never was starved for rage. This goes back to the "thrown away chicken." atm you are trying to sell me a piece of chicken that i know i cannot eat and will throw away when i can get a perfectly good cheesecake for the same price that i will eat. I wont gain 4 hs from this talent.On top of that i feel like this is some of the healers mana regen talents and at some point when they find themselves not going oom on fights its actually a waste for them to spend the points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    TBH, until you're in a situation that your using HS and IR on CD and still capping rage you need more rage.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

hmmm ic how IR changes it. ill test both out tonight to see how it feels.

Guys I do not uunderstand why revenge has suddenly disappear from your threat rotation. Anybody can explain?
    Nerf Rock, paper is fine
    -Scissors

Revenge doesn't scale as well with AP as other abilities. As you get more gear, both gear AP (from Strength) and Vengeance AP go way up, making Revenge hit for less than Devastate, even when talented, atleast single-target (it's only use atm is low-rage or as a Cleavenge).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

At my current gear level (369) the average damage of my revenge is far superioir than the average damage of my Devastate, according to WWS (for a fight with only one target like Baleroc).
    When does revenge become less interesting than devastate, in terms of ilvl?
    Nerf Rock, paper is fine
    -Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Grakzul Slaughtbringer View Post
    At my current gear level (369) the average damage of my revenge is far superioir than the average damage of my Devastate, according to WWS (for a fight with only one target like Baleroc).
    When does revenge become less interesting than devastate, in terms of ilvl?
    Did you take the +20% improved critical strike rating into account? Crits dealing twice the damage PLUS proccing DW and it's ticking for over 1.5k damage on average for me on a fight like Baleroc.

Take a look at the Spreadsheet thread, on this same board.

The main reason is due to a combination of the 20% increased critical chance on Devastate and its interaction with Deep Wounds. If you do not have Deep Wounds, I think Revenge is still useful.

No, I just looked the overall damage for each attack type.
    I'll have a more detailed look including deep wounds procs...still curious about that.
    Nerf Rock, paper is fine
    -Scissors

what aspect of deep wounds are you curious about? its pretty much a straight up increased crit damage talent. reagardless having a higher crit rate increases an abilties average damage, if our crits hit for 200% of a hits damage we can average it out so that our crit rate essentiall becomes plus damage, if we deal 100 damage wih an ability and have 20% crit rate wih tat ability, on average the ability will deal 120 damage. in this case Dev hits for 100, and revenge for 115, but becuase revenge has no +crit rate talents it falls behind devastate most of the time.

Devastate does in fact scale worse than Revenge with AP, revenge gets somewhere about 0.31 damage per AP, whereas Dev only gets ~0.25 damage per AP, however unlike revenge Dev also gets a damage increase from the base damge of your weapon, and generally this gives Dev a significant lead until you get some really high AP levels, with a 359 weapon for need ~20K AP, a 365:22k, 372:23.5k, 378 needs 24.7k AP, and a 391 requires a whopping 27k AP for Rev to out do Dev. This is all asuming you have a 2.6 speed weapon.

moved to HALP!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread