+ Reply to Thread

Thread: holy priest

holy priest

i have recently been asked by my guild to swap from my shaman to my priest. I was just wanting to check im doing the right thing with my stats. as i hear it is good to go from int > spirit> haste = mastery > crit

and anything else you maybe able to point out

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rious/advanced

Very good. Only thing I'd change around a bit is your spec - you definitely want Rapid Renewal, as Renew is a very good tool and something you'll be using fairly frequently so this talent would save you a lot of globals. I'd also spec Desperate Prayer, which is a great survival cooldown.

I'd remove points from either Tome of Light or Surge of Light. SoL is okay for single-target healing (useless if you're mainly mopping up damage with PoH/Renew/etc.), and Tome of Light is traditionally derided as totally useless except there's currently a bug(?) where HW:Sanctuary isn't diminishing at all with more than 6 targets, making it a decent spell for 10's and a superb one for 25's. This probably isn't intended, but take it into consideration.

the only concern i have with spamming renew on every one is mana. from what i can see in the way of gear in FL there is little spirit gear that drops from bosses. do you know anything about this or not? would putting renew on every one taking dmg effect my mana. at the moment im using my holy spec for every thing including tank healing. i find i can keep the tanks up an manas ok but we only raid 10 man so tank healing involves the odd bit of raid healing as well

You don't have to "spam" Renew to get good use out of the Rapid Renewal talent. It saves you a little bit of time here and there, and that little bit of time can add up to a lot of extra casts.

+ Reply to Thread