+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice

Need advice

Hi, this is my first time posting. I need help with my tankadin. I am not a very confident tank, I am doing heroics now, and I do fine, but I am a bit afraid of moving on. Can anyone give me advice on gear, gems and pretty much everything if it is not too much trouble. Thank you in advance.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Shopo/advanced <--- link to armory

P.S. I plan to enchant the items not yet enchanted just gathering the money.

Spec: Mostly good. I'd really suggest grabbing Divine Guardian, it comes in handy for 5-mans too. So spec like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZGMhcRddRRucbh with one floater point. Hallowed Ground is an awful threat talent, but if you're an inexperienced tank I can see the mana reduction helping prevent some problems. Generally though, I'd say go 1/3 in Judgements of the Pure. Another option is to grab Pursuit of Justice for the 15% runspeed, although that's hardly necessary for 5-mans and would require dropping a point in a solid threat talent (either Reckoning or Rule of Law).

Gems: Moar mastery! Stam stacking isn't a great idea outside of some very specific situations at high levels of raiding. Mastery is a Prot Paladin's bread and butter stat. Edit: Just to clarify, stamina IS a good stat, and halfway decent blue sockets should be gemmed to with a green mastery/stam gem. But it's not something to stack by itself unless you really know what you're doing.

Enchanting: Stam to chest, mastery to gloves instead of hit, move speed to boots (unless you're going to spec into PoJ, then you would grab Mastery of course). I know you said you're going to finish enchanting, but I'm just telling you what to get :-P

Gear itself: Not bad for somebody newish to 85. I wouldn't have recommended getting those JP boots since you can get something way better from Wildhammer rep, but they're a decent piece until you get the rep I suppose. Make sure you do the Thrall questline to get a nice cloak (same itemization as your current one, just a few ilvl higher, and the quest takes like 10 mins and has no prerequisite - easy peasy).

Reforging: Generally you want to reforge the highest non-Mastery stat on your gear to Mastery. If the piece already has Mastery, then you get to have a little fun. An experienced raider will tell you that hit and expertise are useless, because they are if you have a high Vengeance stack rolling. You can't rely on that in a 5-man, so it's okay to lose a little dodge and parry to get some. Don't go overboard, but a few % hit and maybe 15-18 expertise (with your seal up) should be enough to help with threat in 5-mans. If/when you begin raiding, you want to reforge your threat stats away wherever possible.

Thank you very much, I did not expect such a quick reply.

+ Reply to Thread