+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ForteXorcist Secondary Splash

ForteXorcist Secondary Splash

This module/feature of ForteXorcist seems almost to be really useful but not quite and I am thinking its in the way I have set it up. Currently what I see that it does: I cast a cool-down based spell such as wild growth, it shows the icon of the spell and once that spell's cool-down expires it flashes once to indicate that its off cool-down (very useful).

The only issue I have is that, the icon of that spell remains on my screen exactly as it did when the spell was on cool-down. What I would like (and I am assuming this module is capable of doing) is that there should be a way to distinguish visually using only the secondary icon if a spell is on cool-down or ready to be used. (yes I can look at the button on my bar or even the cool-down timer but if I'm going to be using those to determine if a spell is on or off cool-down then there is no reason to enable the secondary icon module and yes the flash of the icon indicates a spell is off cool-down but can easily be missed in the heat of battle).

Assuming it can show differentiate visually between when a spell if on or off cool-down, how do I enable that feature. If it cannot do so what are healers using this module for?

afaik the secondary splash only splashes whenever something is off CD, and the icon will only show up when it splashes. If you need something like keeping the icon somewhere on your screen when something is off CD, I suggest using power auras.

Have you considered trying another tool like OmniCC which simply adds the cooldown timer to the button?

"In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

So I guess my question is, if you have enabled the secondary splash icon what do you use it for?

Keep in mind, ForteXorcist, while a great addon, is still primarily targeting DPS roles and in particular DoT classes (the developer plays a Warlock). In the DPS world when things come off cooldown you will generally use them almost immediately because of your priority system. So they only need a notification, "hey, I'm ready to use", and then they will use it very shortly after that in general. This isn't always the case for a healer however. While throughput is still important, a healer's casting priority isn't determined merely by which will do the most throughput at the immediate moment.

You may simply have the wrong tool for the job because what you want and what the tool delivers is simply different. ForteXorcist may still serve some roles for you such as buff/debuff monitoring, but perhaps the cooldown monitoring portion you require the assistance of a different tool.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Solution To Sticky Secondary Splash

Use the Padlock on the setup dialog in the Secondary Splash section to lock down the position after it is where you want it to be. Then, it will flash and disappear.

+ Reply to Thread