+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior tank needs halp

Warrior tank needs halp

I just want to see if there are any suggestions on my gear and stats. (My boots and cloak are enchanted but its not showing up in the armory.) My dodge is about 6% lower than my parry. Please give me any suggestions you all may have.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hauughh/simple

also when does at what % does parry start to not be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentdf View Post
    also when does at what % does parry start to not be worth it.
    The gap between dodge and parry is determined by block (mastery). It varies. There isn't a 'set' amount. 1500 rating difference at 2200 mastery is too much though. With your 2200 mastery, the difference should be in the ~700 range or so I think. 4.0.1 - 4.1 Koji did a lot of work on it and worked it out so at 2400 mastery, the optimal 'rating' difference was 800. however I don't know if that is still perfectly true in 4.2 (though I imagine it's close).

I'd use a defensive enchant rather than a threat enchant on your wrists.

Glyph of demo shout is the only required minor glyph and you don't have it.

I'd take glyph of shockwave over Sunder. Sunder is pretty blah because you're not going to be using as many devastates in AoE, you'll be using more Revenge with imp revenge and prioritizing shockwave over dev,etc.

I'd strong recommend taking the 2 points out of cruetly and blitz and gag order and put them in war academy and deep wounds. Deepwounds > Cruelty for single target threat. If you don't want to give up gag order, then take teh 2 points out of thunderstruck.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Should Reforge some of my parry to dodge to make the difference between the two stats 3% vs 6%

Quote Originally Posted by vincentdf View Post
    Should Reforge some of my parry to dodge to make the difference between the two stats 3% vs 6%
    I don't remember your gear, after making sure you have mastery on everything, you should reforge your parry to dodge so you have ~750-800 more parry rating than dodge as a rule of thumb for 2400 mastery - so 750ish should be the difference?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread