+ Reply to Thread

Thread: War Thrown/gun bis?

War Thrown/gun bis?

Ok so want to discuss the options for thrown slot, basically we got http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/100687/...-hole-puncher/ or the valor point thrown. i dont know if thrown or the crafted wep is upgradable to heroic but i plan to use the heroic version if available.

Agility is a not a great stat for prot warriors any more. Neither is crit. I'd stick with the gun from zul gurub over that crafted item. really the valour point thrown weapon is our only choice at the 391 ilvl

so to be clear the valor one can be upgraded to heroic while the craftable cannot. buying the valor one is fine?

Quote Originally Posted by pulled View Post
    so to be clear the valor one can be upgraded to heroic while the craftable cannot. buying the valor one is fine?
    The valor one is the only option...the craftable gun you linked has two wasted stats for a tank...agility doesn't give dodge any more and crit doesn't give anything useful. The valor thrown weapons are the only valid warrior ranged slot weapons this tier.

Also one sidenote i want to add. The Tank-Thrown (Deflection Star) is actually BoE, while the other VP Thrown are not. I don't know if this is intended, but actually you can buy the Thrown with an alt, and 700 VP is not that expensive and 5 Zul-Heros are done fast with an alt. So gearing up faster is also possible with this piece. Until you can get hands on it, take the Gurubashi Destroyer, for it is better than Crossfire Carbine from BoT.
    Threat is epic and binds on pickup

Was BOE, now hotfixed to be BOP. Still only 700 points and upgradeable to heroic if you are killing heroic bosses.

+ Reply to Thread