+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't decide what valor piece to get first =/

Can't decide what valor piece to get first =/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alook/advanced

I'm having a hard time deciding what valor piece to get first. They all seem like slight upgrades to what I currently have. Should I just save em to get the T12 hands/legs or just sell the boe bracers for gold to buy some other gear that I can't get with valor points?

I'm going for the Tier legs first since its biggest upgrade for me, giving BH 2x chance to get lucky. Going for T12 shoulders/legs +T11 chest/hands at the start then moving over to 4piece T12 later on. Ring is only small upgrade, ranged slot is boe and the boe neck is similar to the valorpoint one even slightly better in my opinion.
    Last edited by Bigbad; 07-06-2011 at 01:33 AM.

My guild is bad, they can't get the new BH boss down -__-. They had 1 ranged dps for it. No wonder we kept getting the circle of fire underneath everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BryceE View Post
    My guild is bad, they can't get the new BH boss down -__-. They had 1 ranged dps for it. No wonder we kept getting the circle of fire underneath everyone.
    We failed on him too last night in a mostly guild group. We only had time for three shots at it, but by the third, I understood the fight and it was pretty simple. I have to say the intial explaination was kind of all over the place. I guess it distills down to spread out, don't stand in the fire, group up and aoe eyeballs, spread out, don't stand in the fire......

I think we just had a bad group makeup, had all melee dps except 1 ranged. We got the adds down fine up to the 3rd set, which was when everyone was nearly dead.

we did it pretty easily without spreading out. We got into 3 groups:

1. Tank1
    2. Tank2
    3. Everyone Else

We spaced the groups equidistant around the boss. (We found out a plus configuration with an empty leg is actually better on the offchance one of the tanks gets targeted for fire AoE so they can run to the empty leg, but we had already killed him by then)

Tank1 starts off. When the shadow breath happens and Tank1 gets the debuff, we had Tank2 taunt. They swap as debuffs expire. When he did the fire AoE (almost always on group 3), they all straffed clockwise. Tanks also shifted to maintain the equidistant property.

It took us two tries in a pug(I messed up on a taunt on the first try).

I didn't get a chance to try a spread out method, though someone in the group did suggest it.

+ Reply to Thread