Thread: Threat issues

Threat issues

i'm new to tanking and having trouble holding and getting threat on mobs, less trouble on bosses. I know my gear needs work and most likely my rotation. looking for any suggestions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ycarter/simple

This question would be better suited to the HALP! forum, as this forum is more for tactics discussion.

First and foremost, have a read through my guide (linked in my signature).

In particular I would suggest you look at your enchanting and reforging (never reforge avoidance or mastery to hit or expertise).

Talents: get those points out of Eternal Glory and Hallowed Ground, they are extremely weak threat talents. Rule of Law and Pursuit of Justice are better places to put the talent points. You also have zero glyphs, which needs fixing ASAP.

Don't worry, there's a hotfix coming that will basically take threat out of the equation, but not the concept of aggro.

hotfix

the hotfix was active as of the 16th when you posted this, try giving it another whorl now. I have a very very under-geared warrior with quite a few greens, gimp action, and i still was holding ridiculous threat. On regular mode bosses i was getting 1.5m-2m on omen.

What Pyrea said is good advice, although I find having some hit and expertise is helpful for 5 man trash - I find swopping in the Ramkahen bracers enhanced for expertise and licence to slay will get me to around 20 expertise and 5% hit, without messing up my main tank gear. (The SoT glyph will help a lot there.)

Marking a skull can be a big help - an add-on like QuickMark trivialises it. Taking out one or two annoying caster mobs with a poly, hex or trap can also make pulls much smoother.

For pulling, divine plea, inqusition, exorcism, avenger shield and judgement is a solid opener. After that, just follow the basic rotation - although sometimes prioritising avenger shield or even holy wrath against stunnable mobs can be helpful in locking them onto you.

The addons tidyplates + threatplates are very helpful in keeping an eye on which mobs you have on you, which are wavering and which are loose.

I tend to play with a finger hovering over hand of reckoning, with righteous defence as a backup second taunt. I usually don't need it, but a life time of running Halls of Reflection heroic have made it an instinct.