+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unlimited Mana Here We Come

Unlimited Mana Here We Come

The latest healing discussion had the following reply to a mana questions. Looks like by the end of the expansion we'll be back to WoLK no mana issues.

A: Our plan was always that healers could gradually grow out of being very mana-limited, but we didnít want that to happen in the very first tier of content. If it happens in the final tier of content, thatís fine. It will help healers feel like they have actually become more powerful from accumulating so much gear. Consider that tank health, mitigation and avoidance increase with each tier, as does the size of heals and the rate at which you cast them, and those are probably sufficient to offset the increased damage being done by bosses and trash.

tbh, after doing some raiding in fl now.. im not finding ma on ma restro druid a problem at all im all thinking about changing thing s around so it abit for of challenge mana / healing wise

Curious that this is happening even with the limited amount of spirit gear blizz put out for healers.

Quote Originally Posted by aresius View Post
    Curious that this is happening even with the limited amount of spirit gear blizz put out for Priest healers.
    Fixed.

Anyways, while I doubt that we're going to go back to totally ignoring mana (like most non-Pally healers did in Wrath), it's kind of inevitable that our gear improves enough to focus more on throughput stats.

I think it would be interesting if they put in a Chill of the Throne/Sunwell Radiance zone effect to increase mana costs in later raids, but that would have a horrid effect on Arcane Mages and possibly other mana-using DPS. Unless they made it only affect healing spells... but then Smite might be OP... bah this is why I'm not a developer :-P

I can have some mana issues on my Disc priest if I have to pick up too much raid healing these days, but I imagine once I get the 2% mana return bonus from the 2 T12 things will ease up. My Pally, despite the mana nerf, really never has issues.

2pc T12 isn't exactly an enormous amount of mana, 2% of base is like...400 mana at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    2pc T12 isn't exactly an enormous amount of mana, 2% of base is like...400 mana at most.
    It's basically a straight 412 mp5 with a nearly 100% uptime (well it should be a 100% uptime).

Yah, it's not like it's going to change your entire gameplay or anything. It's really not terribly different from the 4pcT11 for many healers, actually. I know my 2pc T12 ends up giving even less mana than Replenishment.

That isn't to say it's not worth having, it's mostly because we got a similar amount of regen from the 4pcT11 and so switching from that to 2pcT12 isn't going to change much for you.

Can't speak for other classes, but I know if I want to spend more mana... I definitely can find ways to spend more mana. However, I do agree with you that mana is becoming less of an issue. But, like others have said, I don't think, or at least I hope, it doesn't get to the stage where it is like 'hulk smash face into keyboard bound to inefficient heals' and still collect loots/down content.

Yah, it's not like it's going to change your entire gameplay or anything. It's really not terribly different from the 4pcT11 for many healers, actually. I know my 2pc T12 ends up giving even less mana than Replenishment.

That isn't to say it's not worth having, it's mostly because we got a similar amount of regen from the 4pcT11 and so switching from that to 2pcT12 isn't going to change much for you.
    Never got my 4 piece had switched to healing on the pally by the time we were killing end bosses.

Never got my 4 piece had switched to healing on the pally by the time we were killing end bosses.
    Oh, well in THAT case, 2pcT12 will be a significant upgrade. =D

Oh, well in THAT case, 2pcT12 will be a significant upgrade. =D
    Yeah. Don't think I'll ever get the T11 4 piece on my priest since I've already moved to getting T12 VP stuff on her. Oh well, maybe this tier I'll get a 4 piece on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Yeah. Don't think I'll ever get the T11 4 piece on my priest since I've already moved to getting T12 VP stuff on her. Oh well, maybe this tier I'll get a 4 piece on something.
    I've replaced most of my 359 set. I've been getting lucky with drops from the 3 bosses in firelands that we have killed :S I should have my 2 Piece in a couple weeks once I get enough valor for the chest :S

+ Reply to Thread