+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Baleroc

Quote Originally Posted by Motark View Post
    After 6 minutes the boss will go berserk, killing your raid 1 by 1. You may have 10 more seconds until your whole Raid will be dead.
    This is how Method most likely got their kill. During Berserk he's taunt immune, his damage is increased by 500% and movement/attackspeed by 150% but that's it, only making kiting/taunting back & forth impossible. Dispersion/Deterrence/Evasion/Guardian Spirit/Ardent Defender/Mirror Images should all work nontheless - buying your raid loads of time and greatly decreasing the dps requirements (looks like Method used 2 tanks + 5 healers).

I've got one question,since our guild is preparing for this fight tonight.
    How many stacks of Torment is maximum per one crystal on a single player.
    Reading the abilities it leads me to conclusion that it'll be 30 stacks since one is being applied per seconds,but I've been checking forums and various "guides" where people report it's 25 stacks/crystal spawn.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
    I've got one question,since our guild is preparing for this fight tonight.
    How many stacks of Torment is maximum per one crystal on a single player.
    Reading the abilities it leads me to conclusion that it'll be 30 stacks since one is being applied per seconds,but I've been checking forums and various "guides" where people report it's 25 stacks/crystal spawn.

Thanks in advance.
    I've only done it on 10 man, I don't know if it's different in 25 man, however: there were 25 stacks total per crystal for us. At about 10 it starts getting a little sketchy...at 13 it is A LOT of damage. If you try to go past that without a cooldown up (frex, Dispersion) you'll almost certainly get killed. It's definitely doable with two people taking 12/13 each...but you definitely can't have one person take one himself.

What I was thinking is to use one shadow priest per crystal,since we've got four of them active in our raids!
    Basically first two spawns of crystals would be covered with those 4 shadow priests using Dispersion (glyphed) ~19 stacks in order to survive heavy damage from Torment.
    Third spawn of crystals would be covered with 2x melee (enhancement shaman and dk for example) and 2x ranged (lets say warlocks with Nether protection) one taking 12ish stacks each.
    After 3rd wave it'd be back again to shadow priests rotation.

IMO your overcomplicating a simple mechanic. just pair 2 dps together. one with a damage CD, and one without, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    IMO your overcomplicating a simple mechanic. just pair 2 dps together. one with a damage CD, and one without, if possible.
    That.

The only possible reason to use dispersion to stack it way up is if your healers suck and need a ton of stacks to keep the tanks alive...and even then it's of extremely minimal extra value, especially since it's kind of a dps check fight.

Any insight on how the Vital Flame buff affects Disc Priests?

And does the Decimation Blade damage get calculated before mitigation / bubbles / resitances? or is it just going to be 90%/250k when it hits you.
    Last edited by Porthos; 07-07-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Some data from our baleroc 25man wipes last night (sub 1%! bah).

Adding up the regular Melee swings and the Inferno Strike as the MT during all attempts (the inferno strike can be mitigated and avoided like the normal melee swings) I took 1,080 swings from the boss. Of those 1080, only 138 (13%) went through as un-blocked hits. The damage amounts are meaningless, the important elements of the parse are the percentages of avoidance and mitigation. (also: this data is from wiped attempts, so obviously there were some points where I was actively TRYING to die which skews the numbers a little bit. Until we kill him this is all I have to work with though).

During the inferno blade phase, which is where I'm taking the most damage, I faced 119 swings and saw 22 of them (18%) go through unblocked (compared to only 12% unblocked hits during melee swing phases). I need to manage my shieldblock uptime better to increase my block % during inferno blade phases, while still maximizing shieldblock uptime overall. I also had decreased avoidance streaks during inferno blade - perhaps the inferno blade doesn't have a chance to miss like the normal melee swings do (as you can see from the parse).

I'm trying to figure out whether it would be better to stack avoidance or mastery as the MT for this fight. My theory is that mitigation still is superior, since while the MT's health is increased, so are the heals incoming due to the buff. While the numbers are changing, the percentages still remain roughly the same.

As the OT, maximizing avoidance is HUGE as you have a better chance to dodge the decimating strike (250k or 90% of your hp, whichever is more). We have me as the MT due to my higher mitigation while one of our two druids serves as the OT due to his higher avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    And does the Decimation Blade damage get calculated before mitigation / bubbles / resitances? or is it just going to be 90%/250k when it hits you.
    In response to this: the decimation blade "can't be mitigated through normal means" (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=99352/decimation-blade) so while it can be avoided entirely through dodge/parry/miss (our OT dodged 43.2% of the strikes over the course of our wipes on the boss last night), I don't believe it can be mitigated or resisted. However, some absorbs seem to work... in our case with a druid the absorbs shown below were probably his own + the pally and disc priest absorb mechanics. I'm pretty sure the damage is calculated prior to absorb effects.

Last edited by Halandir; 07-09-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

Is it just me, or are some healing classes a bit screwed by this fight? Been working on 10 man with 2 druid heals, they don't have fast and instant direct heals like a holy pally and they just can't stack up their stacks fast enough it seems.

Actually resto druids are best for stacking their buffs on him due to lower gcd on their hots It actually depends more on your dps, how long they manage to survive with torment. The longer they stay there, the more stacks you get (no linear process!). Warlock (especially Destruction for Nether Ward..), DKs (only with ams + ibf) and Shadowpriests are outstanding for this. On 25m some shadowpriests actually take a full circle (25s!) thanks to external cooldowns and dispersion near the end.

Finally managed to beat him with a warrior tank... Decimating Strike mechanic and the possibility to avoid (dodge/parry) it is really meh. He hits like a (actually more like two!) trucks outside of the Decimating Strike phase so just stacking mass avoidance didn't work for me. I ended up with 4 piece T11 (needed the more seconds on shieldwall for our healing buff stacking strategy) and 32% raidbuffed dodge+parry & Valiona's on use dodge trinket (+TB, the resistance are always handy for the Inferno Strikes with no shieldblock up). If you can bring any other tank, just do it!

- Druids mass-avoidance turns out pretty well, sadly they have some issues with their mastery scaling. Enraged regen glyph works wonders (+30% healing received).
    - DK vamp blood glyphed (+40% healing received) + DRW up for every Decimating Strike and Death Strike works on the increased hitpoints as well!
    - Paladin, sadly LoH won't work on Decimating Strike - but Ardent Defender will (same for Holy Priest's Guardian Spirit) and block works on everything (including Inferno Strike!) except Decimating Strike

Enrage timer is perfectly tuned, you need about 25k dps on average on all your raiders (+15k tank) with two healers. That's barely manageable with 372 decked raiders and will become easier if you aquire more 378/391 loot, especially 2 piece T12 and so on.

Ps: his shield is ugly as hell!
    Last edited by klausi; 07-11-2011 at 08:28 PM.

We did this on 10man normal last week, havent tried out heroic yet.

It is rediculously easy on normal. We used 6 people for stacks, each taking around 7 stacks. all 5 dps, plus a discpriests, since his shields arent affected by the buff.

Had a warr tank during the normal tanking, and a dk for decimating blade.

The dps did around 20-25k dps each, had no problems with enrage timer.

This boss joins in a line of bosses that are sadly easy on normal imo, hopefully heroic will prove more of a challenge.

To answer the earlier post regarding a bug with Holy paladins:Yes.It appears said bug still persists - our healing set up last night was two Holy paladins and a shaman (imperfect, but it was all we had last night). Due to what must be a bug on their Beacon of Light, both were utterly out of mana by around 60%. On our first-reset kill we had a druid, a shaman and a priest healing - none of which had any problems whatsoever.It would be nice if Blizzard, you know, started releasing content that wasn't broken.
    Unwavering Sentinel: Tales of a Protection Warrior Running Wild.
    http://unwaveringsentinel.blogspot.co.uk

Shields are affected by Vital Flame.

As for the shard, I can take a full shard on a fury warrior, provided I shield wall the last 12s and get one or two raid cooldowns to ease the healing. It makes the fight a lot easier as well, since our healers (two of the three) stack 50+ on this first shard.

My guild finally figured out how to do this last night. On 25 man you want 3 groups of 2 in melee and 3 groups of 2 in ranged since 1 crystal forms in melee and 1 in range. A pair of people take on each crystal allowing 12-13 stacks a person. The trickiest part of the fight is the healing and each group of dps should use some sort of self heal around 10 stacks, especially on the first round of crystals. The healers are divided among the 6 total groups of dps. One healer per group of two dps. When the people assigned are taking damage they heal them and if they are not they heal the tanks. Because the dps are getting healed with 12-13 stacks the healers get their healing buff quickly and are able to keep up for the rest of the fight.

If you have a DK tank (that's actually worth a damn) you can single tank this on both 10 and 25man. Make sure they time their death strikes optimally (as they should be doing anyway). During decimation blade, pop AMS (glyphed for extra time) and VB (glyphed as well). If you time your AMS to pop just before the first strike of decimation, you will absorb at least 2 full strikes, possibly 3. Have VB up for your healers to get you topped off faster. Rune tap once you take damage and you should have a decent death strike heal. If you are doing it right, you should have insanely huge blood shields (at one point towards the end of the fight I had one up for 2.1 mil)

This sounds a lot like theory. I don't even know if AMS is capable of absorbing Decimating strikes altogether. But whatever, AMS is capped at 50% of the DK's hitpoints. With one strike eating 90% of your hitpoints away it could only last one (half) hit. VP works whatsoever, it's really awesome for those "ASDF%$ top him!!1" phase. Deathstrike don't work regulary during a Decimating Blade phase, at least your heal is neutered after a hit (however i'm not sure if this has an impact on your Blood Shield).

On heroic 10m you'll have to tank him with one tank anyways, but you might want to save AMS for
    a) Inferno Blade
    b) if your healer can't bring you back up in time after the first actual hit (with popped DRW and geared for avoidance you should end up at about 55-60% avoidance for heroic), so they only have to heal 50% up - assuming that it works

Ps: block works on Inferno Blade, Shield Block is just awesome for this phase

Anyone tried specing impending victory for this? I know the talent is extremely lackluster, but glyphed it should give you around a 8.5% heal, 1-2 of them between a decimation would help I'm sure.

I doubt it helps much.. it will only work on the last 20%, so it's probably a once-a-fight thing, and if you don't have both glyphs for it, you'll depend on several procs in a row in a small number of GCDs.

Of course, if you are wiping on the last few percent, this might help you - but probably as much as depending on a lucky dodge/parry/miss on the second decimation blade hit.

Well I'm not trying to argue with you guys, I'm just saying that I'm a Blood DK tank, and I've downed him on both 10 and 25 man single tanking him. I pop ams during decimation blade and only take a 90% hit once, at the end. Was just trying to offer a helpful suggestion is all

[h=3]Damage Taken[/h]
    Melee 30778846 69.6 % 109 282374.7 30778846 - 11063788 21 32 9 35 47.1 %
    Inferno Strike 8489938 19.2 % 16 530621.1 8489938 - 4156149 6 1 30.4 %
    Decimating Strike 4985233 11.3 % 9 553914.8 4985233 00:29 (9.0 %) 972539 2 7 50.0 %
    44254017 100% 134 330253.9 44254017 - 113 (45.7 %)

^^25 man damage taken by me

[h=3]Damage Taken[/h]
    Melee 16051820 72.0 % 108 148628.0 16051820 - 4045046 13 24 8 29 40.7 %
    Decimating Strike 3748741 16.8 % 5 749748.2 3748741 00:19 (6.8 %) 1049964 1 16.7 %
    Inferno Strike 2504746 11.2 % 10 250474.6 2504746 - 1062494 7 7 58.3 %
    22305307 100% 123 181344.0 22305307 - 89 (42.0 %)

10man damage taken by me.

So going over these it doesnt seem like AMS absorbed as much as I originally thought, but it DOES absorb some. Our 25 man kill I had absorbed roughly 20% of the damage from decimation strike, although it did seem like he throws out more strikes on 25 man than he does on 10. 10 man, if I counted correctly, was 3 strikes per rotation, 25 man seemed more like 4-5
    Last edited by freddyferocious; 07-18-2011 at 01:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread