+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Beth'tilac

Thanks for the help / suggestions guys, we will change things around and will try again

@Theotherone
    As a Paladin healer up top about the only recommendation I can make for mana management is to use your Potion of Concentration when you fall back down at some point because while she is casting Smoldering Devatastation there should be the least overall damage going out. Likewise you'd want to time Mana Tide for when all healers are on the bottom if you had one, sadly you don't. The big point I always try to drive home on an add management encounter like this is sticking to your priorities. DPS may feel the urge to improvise a little however provided each part of the machine is doing its job then the greater goal gets accomplished.

I'd still recommend only sending two DPS once, one the second time, and none the third in order to make sure adds are being handled. Course it isn't my raid to lead. Also without logs it is hard to see where any specific breaking points would be.

As far as throughput is concerned, my guess would be that half or more of the weapons in your raid could be replaced by 365 crafted ones, you yourself have already done so but the rest probably haven't. In my raid litterally the first raid night of the week where those patterns were first available I handed out 10 new weapons for 8 people (2 of the people including myself already had 378 weapons). This was a very easy way for me to directly impact the actual throughput of the raid and all I had to do was sacrifice a small portion of that massive surplus of liquid assets that were built up from selling unused T11 BoEs for the past five months. Simply going out and getting new weapons for people if you have the assets to afford it is a very easy way to help your raid in just starting new content.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Thanks. What I do on each Smoldering Devistation is; first one, I pop Divine Plea when I jump down (I take avantage of the mana regen while I don't really have to cast); second drop down I use my Concentration Potion; by the last time Smolderind Devistation comes around DP is usually back up shortly after I jump down. I'm also judging every GCD I can.

I've leveled all the profession to 525 so first thing I did (my hunter is my BS) is make the healing mace (I had no luck on Chogall or Nef), Polearm for my hunter and tank one hander for warrior - then I ran out of orbs . So back to farming them.

Since we've finished our FL raids for the week - very disappointing week - I may cobble something together for tonight and take some shots with just a friends group. I'm going to take your advice and keep at it.

On a side note, I got my T-12 chest today on the pally which gives me the two piece - the mana proc may help a bit.

Hey guys, my 10man group has gotten her down once and we've spent 3 days wiping since. Our web team is doing there job, our problem is that either we dont kill the spiderlings fast enough or we dont kill the drones fast enough. My comp is as follows
    tanks - DK, Pally with Pally up top
    healers - myself(shaman), disc priest, holy pally(pally up top)
    ranged - arcane mage, fire mage, shadow priest
    melee - assassin rogue, feral dps ( rogue up top and feral on drones full time)

we've been going with spiderlings as the first priority followed by drones then spinners, my question is that I've been hearing some guilds using all dps on spinners, then switching them all to the drones. Is it just our composition that's hurting us on the spiderlings I'm wondering? or should we zerg the drones right away then switch to spiderlings?

Well since you've alreadly killed her whatever you did will probably work fine. Changing strategies now may simply create more confusion for people. However if you're looking for recommendations here is what I have for you.

First of all I'd recommend switching your tanks. A DK's self healing and shielding will actually work better against Beth'tilac while a Paladin's Righteous Defense will work better on the lower level for taunting Spinners off of people once they are grounded.

General DPS allocation for 10 mans will generally consist of two DPS on Spiderlings, two DPS on Spinners and Drone, and one DPS that that goes above on the first two waves at least.

The DPS assigned to Spiderlings needs to move out and kill them quickly after they spawn, they should never wait for their job to come to them. As soon as you see the spawn warning you need to check the three spawn points immediately and deal with them. A healer on the bottom can assist by helping to scout for where the spiderlings are spawning since the DPS may be jumping from one spot directly to another without a break ever. Ideally you would want a hunter for the Spiderling team as Frost Trap is very useful. Without the snare, it is even more important that the DPS assigned to them get on them as soon as possible or they won't be able to kill them in time before they reach the drone. Your Drone tank shouldn't have to move, if they are moving a lot to avoid Spiderlings then your Spiderling team is failing.

The DPS assigned to the Spinners should include a DPS with a taunt ideally. In your particular composition this would be the Feral Druid in Bear form until all the Spinners are grounded, once they are all on the ground they could switch to cat form. You only need the taunt to bring them to the ground. Once they are on the ground if they are brought close enough to your Protection Paladin on the Drone they can easily be taunted off with Righteous Defense. Ideally you will want the Spinners and the Drone all on the tank so that the DPS assigned to killing the Spinners can cleave and hit the drone as well. You will want to actually clean up the Spinners before the Drone simply to reduce the amount of damage the raid is taking, they die faster. Once they are down you should have sufficient time to clean up the Drone. Make sure when a new Spinners are spawning that the Feral Druid in paricular breaks off to start taunting them down again until all 6 have been grounded again.

If I were doing DPS assignments for that composition I would have the following:

Assassination Rogue on the upstairs team.
    Feral Druid and Fire Mage on the Spinner/Drone team.
    Shadow Priest and Arcane Mage on the Spiderlings team.
    Death Knight tank and Holy Paladin on the boss.
    Protection Paladin, Restoration Shaman, and Discipline Priest on the lower level.

If the Arcane Mage and Shadow Priest are insufficient to deal with the Spiderlings in time then I would swap the Shadow Priest for the Assassination Rogue and have the Rogue slow the Spiderlings with Fan of Knives and Crippling Poison.

It is your raid however so do as you see fit.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

what about using rockbiter for a shaman taunt?

I was wondering if rockbiter would count as a taunt for spinners. Also the attempt we got her down, we had a demo loc instead of the rogue.

We finally beat her last night on our third try. It was classic progression got her to 3 million first try, 500k (oh that was painful) second and 36 stacks later on try three she went down. We changed our tank downstairs to our regular pally tank who was back from vacation. While I really wanted the shield, the pally healing shoulders dropped and being the only holy pally, I was happy.

Some things I've noticed on this fight, the damage upstairs is really, really spikey. At points our bear was taking very minimal damage and at times he was getting rocked, almost like WoLK healing. On first drop I hit Divine Plea, second Potion of Concentration, and at about 15 stacks DP was back up. Also, Judged more up top. Our Ele Shammy helped with Healing Rain.

The Pally 2 piece bonus was worth about 28k mana but my absorbs were 1500 per second on top of 11k hps. While it won't prompt me to mastery stack, I thinking it's not a bad stat if you're single target healing.

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement.

On to the bird tonight.

Taunts

Just wanted to confirm that my off spec resto sham now has a weapon switch macro + rockbiter wep + unless elements to get his own spider line. Helps when you have to pug /shudder and the war tank is completely fail with vig.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    The DPS assigned to Spiderlings needs to move out and kill them quickly after they spawn, they should never wait for their job to come to them...Your Drone tank shouldn't have to move...The DPS assigned to the Spinners should include a DPS with a taunt ideally.
    I personally think you're over-complicating the encounter. Tightly stack everyone in the middle and let the Drone tank round up the spinners on his own. Spiderlings die so fast your DPS should not need to leave the stack to intercept them as you suggest - the Drone tank might have to nudge a bit in one direction or the other, but can always stay near the center to allow maximal AoE DPS and AoE healing. Assigning a DPS to pull down spinners seems counter productive. Let the tank do the taunting and the DPS can focus on doing his job.

A good tank who quickly pulls down the spinners and stacks them up trivializes the ground floor strategy. We send 2 DPS up top and still have plenty below to keep things clean.

Why is it that no one ever posts the 10 man fights? Is the 25 man pretty close to the same?

check out the strategy forums, outbackjack has plenty of 10 man videos. The problem is that our content creators are largely in 25 man guilds, and with the shared lockout, the option to do 10 mans for the videos, is not a possibility. Hopefully that'll change in the future though!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    check out the strategy forums, outbackjack has plenty of 10 man videos. The problem is that our content creators are largely in 25 man guilds, and with the shared lockout, the option to do 10 mans for the videos, is not a possibility. Hopefully that'll change in the future though!
    Make Kz do et!

+ Reply to Thread