+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Shannox

It seems that wary isn't 23 sec anymore. Last night, it was down to 14 sec.

Verify "freezing before 30%" strategy?

Has anyone been able to, more recently, varify the strategy in another video by OutBackJack wherein you pull the Riplimb into a Crystal trap just before getting Shannox to 30%, and then Riplimb doesn't Berserk and Shannox never goes into UberAoEDPS mode?

I want to get my guild to try it, and we'll try it at LEAST once before moving on (and I'll share the results), but it would be good to know before hand whether or not this has been patched out.

How would that work? I tried searching for a video of that strat but couldnt find it. Are we saying kill Rageface and then burn Shannox to 31-ish % and then trap Riplimb, burn lust/hero and kill Shannox? Cuz I don't think the trap lasts more than 10 seconds or so on the dogs. Pretty certain it's not long enough to finish Shannox off. And I also thought that Shannox' burn phase was tied to his own health, not the death of the dogs. I know the damage/speed buff he gets is tied to the dogs though. So I'm not exactly sure what that strat gains you.

The trick is that trapping Riplimb while Shannox goes past 30% HP does not trigger Frenzied Devotion. It was discovered somewhat early on and assumed to be a bug that would be fixed, I don't know if thats the case or not. Its interesting that the wording of Frenzied Devotion states "Riplimb enters an unstoppable rage if he witnesses Shannox's health reach 30%." and isn't just "when Shannox's health reaches 30%" so maybe it was intended by Bliz?

Either way, it creates an alternate way to kill Shannox. Kill Rageface outright, bring Shannox to ~33%, trap Riplimb, push Shannox past 30%, continue offtanking Riplimb as normal while killing Shannox.

EDIT: video is here for a brief description of it, near the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

Wow

Wouldnt have believed it if I hadn't seen it. Can't believe they let that go (and stay) live like that. Still, it's not like it saves much, since the burn phase is lol easy once you get used to it. The hardest part of that fight IMHO is not stepping on a trap chasing Rageface around. Once he's dead it's pretty simple. Very nice guide btw.

I have question, If you only have 2 tanks.

how to lose your stacks from shanox then?

Shannox will apply the Jagged Tear debuff when he has his spear, when he throws the spear to Riplimb he will not be able to apply Jagged Tear. The 2nd tank will be trapping Riplimb in the Crystal Prison Traps just before the spear is thrown to make sure that Riplimb can't return the spear to Shannox before the tank's Jagged Tear stack is reset.

That's the simplest description of the mechanic, take a look at the video I linked above to see a more detailed explanation of how to handle Riplimb and the Jagged Tear debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

Alright, I understand.

Thanks Outbackjack!

+ Reply to Thread