+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: PST - Episode 35

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    You must be a new viewer

    I've been a firm supporter of everything Blizzard has done up until the past 3 or 4 months when they started doing stupid crap.
    I gotta chime in here too. even when myself and other staffers would complain about blizzard Lore largely was supportive of their changes because he'd see what they were trying to achieve. It wasn't until recently that he started expressing concerns because they HAVE started making seemingly illogical changes.

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Karlsruhe/Germany
    Posts
    3,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Code_Man65 View Post
    As far as TS3 goes, you can host a non-profit server for free and get comparable speed but TS3 has been scrapped and totally restarted at least 3 times in its development and still hasn't put at an RC the last time I checked.
    Our guild has got the TS3 RC1 server software running. One thing I don't know if you can do with vent and mumble is install custom themes and sound packs (I ditched the annoying woman for a dude the first day I got the TS3 client and my client is hardly recognisable as the original).

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kerrville, TX
    Posts
    26
    I love this PST, especially the part about "Too much content?" Doing hard modes should be optional and it doesn't feel that way. It feels like you absolutely have to be 13/13 and this is something Blizzard should take into account.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,897
    The paradigm shift is painfully obvious with firelands. Blizzard clearly feels like they released 14 bosses with firelands.

    ex:

    If this was released in TBC, rag would not be killed for another 3-4 months and there are already about 250-300 guilds who have killed him week 1.



  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,043
    Darksend, I've never been in a top guild - but isnt' this 'shift' been around since ToC? Have not all normal mode bosses been cleared the first week or 2 they've been available?

    Nefarion world first normal - 5 days after the release (dec 12, 2010)
    LK25n was Feb 4th 2010, - which is how long after LK was avialable?

    This isn't a recent shift.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,897
    But normal modes were a complete joke even for pugs back then. It was not until normal modes were actually somewhat challenging that this becomes an issue



  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    But normal modes were a complete joke even for pugs back then. It was not until normal modes were actually somewhat challenging that this becomes an issue
    I'm not sure I'm following - how is this different from ICC? Ignore ICC10m n/h for a second and just focus on 25m n/h - you're saying that because it takes a 'normal' player some attention on normal modes rather than ICC normals, that there's a difference? I'm just not following the logic here on what the paradigm shift and what the problem is.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    I'm not sure I'm following - how is this different from ICC? Ignore ICC10m n/h for a second and just focus on 25m n/h - you're saying that because it takes a 'normal' player some attention on normal modes rather than ICC normals, that there's a difference? I'm just not following the logic here on what the paradigm shift and what the problem is.
    Normal modes were not progression in ICC even for a lot of casual guilds, in fact I know my guild sold normal LK kills to a few guilds on our server and they were 3-4 hard modes in before they got their first normal LK kill in.

    In cata, normal modes ARE progression, so for those guilds they do not want to do hard modes at all, or do not get to hard modes before the next content patch.

    I am not saying anything lore has not already said so if you disagree with me it must mean you disagree with him as well



  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    The paradigm shift is painfully obvious with firelands. Blizzard clearly feels like they released 14 bosses with firelands.

    ex:

    If this was released in TBC, rag would not be killed for another 3-4 months and there are already about 250-300 guilds who have killed him week 1.
    Again, I'm confused...

    You're arguing basically that normal modes in wrath don't count as raid bosses, just hard modes. But normal modes aren't progression because 100s of guilds are 7/7 unlike if this were vanilla/TBC - but wait they do count as progression because lots of regular guilds may not see hard modes?

    I don't get it... In wotlk only hardmode bosses counted counted for progression raiding guilds and in T11 and T12 only hard mode bosses count for progression raiding guilds. But there's been a paradigm shift?

    In WotLK normal mode bosses weren't progression for casual guilds (I disagree... but that's a different point) - but now normal modes are (we agree) and that's a bad paradigm shift?

    Is this a good thing or a bad thing? You used the term painfully obvious, which is usually a derisive comment - but then seem to be saying that making normal mode progression is good?

    Like I said, I'm confused as to what your position is. I really cannot tell if this is a good thing or bad and your comments, to me, seem to muddle it more than clear it up.

    *****

    What I see is an assertion - that there's been a paradigm shift and an example that doesn't explain it more than tangentially.

    I guess it's pretty easy to see, I'm all twisted around and confused as to trying to figure out what the key point you are making is. Maybe I'm trying to find subjective valuation or opinion where there isn't any.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,897
    The point I am making is the blizzard is short changing us because there is a disconnect.

    Blizzard: WE RELEASED A NEW CONTENT PATCH WITH 14 BOSSES.

    community: ummmmmmmmm, there's only 7.

    BLIZZARD: NO THERE'S 14. YOU HAVE TO DO HARD MODES BEFORE WE RELEASE NEW CONTENT.

    and blizzard cannot understand the communities response to this because blizzard is looking at how many people kill rag week 1 and say O THIS CONTENT IS SO EASY EVERYONE MUST BE DOING HARD MODES.

    edit: painfully obvious = I cannot believe how blizzard does not realize they only released 7 bosses this tier not 14.



  11. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,043
    Didn't Bashiok, in all of his cerimonial wisdom, say that Blizzard felt 7 bosses was 'about right'? They know they released 7 bosses. Blizzard has said on multiple occassions they've released 7 bosses.

    Is this more the fact that you think they'll wait until 'most everyone' has cleared H. Rags to release the new content? In that I'll agree with you. Blizzard shouldn't wait for the majority of players to clear 'all' content before releasing new content. They should watch for when progression stagnates and people lose interest.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2
    Our guild is thinking of switching to mumble but we read that its positional audio is against the EULA. Specifically a number of users raised this point:


    Mumble has a positional-audio component that makes players' voices appear relative to other players' positions, but as it accesses WoW's memory, it runs contrary to the ToU (see 2.C) and EULA (see 2.D).
    So many guilds are using Mumble though so I'm not sure what to make of the situation. Any comments from those that use it and or are smarter than the two conflicting GM answers I got?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts