+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resto: haste/spirit vs mastery/??

Resto: haste/spirit vs mastery/??

On my Resto Druid I have been getting out of as much mastery as I can, in favor of spirit and haste. Not sure if this is the best way to be... I have had much success with this build in our 10man, up until recent attempts on Nefarian, where bigger tank damage (I'm healing the Ony tank im p1 and add kite tank in p3) seems to get away from me. The more powerful HoT's from mastery seem to tempt me more here, and with the improvements (so I hear) to mastery, it sounds just that much better.

So, I'm pretty much convinced that I should re-kit into more mastery at this point, but I'm not sure what I should give up for it. So should I keep my haste (currently at 2017 I believe, just over the magical 2005 breakpoint for an extra WildGrowth tick) even though more mastery will mean casting less Nourishes, or should I keep my spirit? Should I keep some of both? Aim for a mastery breakpoint? or a lower haste breakpoint (not sure there is one under 2005)?

For Reference:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thiriel/simple

Bare in mind the buffs required to actually have 2005 be your breakpoint, it's also possible you are hitting that number without realizing you require additional haste buffs provided your raid composition which may not be present in a ten man. Provided you have the necessary buffs, that breaking point is for an additional tick on Wild Growth. Wild Growth is not a tank healing spell so naturally this won't help as much in this particular context, though overall you would want to keep it.

I'd personally recommend ditching Nature's Bounty talent. That talent is still quite lack luster overall. If you are doing considerable tank healing you will likely prefer to swap to Living Seed, both are weak talents but Nature's Bounty is generally considered the weaker option. Extra point in either Furor or Genesis.

I'd also recommend ditching Glyph of Innervate in favor of Glyph of Healing Touch. Nature's Swiftness was buffed and is quite useful now and since you will be tank healing you can expect to shorten the cooldown to almost half because you will be casting a fair amount of Healing Touch. You should also be getting in the practice of using Innervate on yourself instead of other healers because 4.2 will change it such that the value is severely deminished on anyone else.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I hadn't put 2 and 2 together yet about Nature's bounty. I totally agree, up until now I have been making great use of the second part of that talent (the 30% nourish cast decreased when 3 or more rejuv's are out) but swapping to mastery means less nourishes and thus even less need for this talent.

Also in regards to your glyph swap recommendation, idk why I havent already done this... I have been using innervate on myself nearly every time anyways, so that's totally a wasted glyph.

Gotta love a fresh pair of eyes! Thx for the inputs, omw to re-do it all now.

i think int>mastery=haste>spirit>crit
    if ur tagret is tank mastery may be better than haste
    but if ur tagret is multi haste may be better than mastery

So here's an update: I made the glyph and talent changes Quinafoi suggested, I got out of as much haste as I could through reforge/enchant/gem swaps to mastery.

Man what a difference, on the downside my 2.1sec nourish/HT's are down to 2.3sec (huge right?) but I can really feel the extra % alot better now, so who cares if it takes 10% longer to cast when it hits for 20% harder. My tank healing throughput feels like it has gone way up, I seemed to have a way easier time healing Nef (Ony tank p1 / add tank p3) and it was a big contributor to us finally getting Nef down and our 12/12 cheeve this week.

So, I'm totally sold on Mastery, just in time for 4.2 to come out and we all re-figure out how to play.

+ Reply to Thread