+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pally Dodge/Parry Balance

Pally Dodge/Parry Balance

Here's my Pally in tanking gear http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...straw/advanced. As you can see my Dodge and Parry are about 3% off. I've reforged as much parry as I can find. I do have Windwalk on my mace so when that procs my dodge increases. I have http://www.wowhead.com/item=59521 in my bag which I can equip to lose the parry on the mace.

Any suggestions on balancing this out, without losing any Mastery? Or does it not really matter.

Since I mostly heal on this toon, the tank gear is mostly sloppy seconds from what out current pally tank already has, or what I pulled out of heroics.

While balancing it is a priority, keep in mind it isn't the top priority. You're doing fine.

Shield could reforge Hit to Dodge.
    Other than that all your reforging looks fine.
    On a different note, on the alchemy trinket take a closer look at the socket bonus. You can ignore it.
    Also your prismatic socket on your belt should be a pure mastery gem.

You're first goal is to maximize mastery. That takes precedence over balancing dodge and parry. Balancing dodge and parry is a secondary concern. Right now the issue you face is you simply have too many Parry/Mastery items and not enough Dodge/Mastery items, so Parry is coming out quite a bit ahead. This pattern is particularly apparent in your offset pieces.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Reforge the shield's hit to dodge
    enchant your gloves with mastery

looks good otherwise.

Talents:
    pursuit of justice is an awesome talent, you should definitely put two points in it.
    Hallowed Ground not so awesome.

dazing shield glyph is not one I like, it makes the mobs take too long to reach you.

Take a look at my talents and glyphs, my armory is linked in my armory profile, unfortunately I can't show you my reforging because I am currently logged out in my style gear. There isn't much you can do about balancing the dodge, however we are talking about gaining perhaps 0.5% avoidance, 1% maximum if you are lucky.

Thanks.

Couple things I never paid attention to; the alchemy trinket bonus; hell I made that as soon as I hit alchemy 500 or whatever in December and have not looked at it again; I compelely forgot that it has a Crit bonus. I toy with PoJ all the time, but you reminded me that was going to re-enchant my boots with the matery/run speed increase enchant. I usually will do one or the other; maybe this expansion I'll go with PoJ and keep the full mastery.

Yeah, the gloves too; I fell into the wow-heroes point trap on that. Been meaning to re-enchant.

Thanks guys.

The runspeed enchant is 35 mastery and 8% runspeed. PoJ + mastery is 50 mastery and 15% runspeed (and if you get stunned or snared you get a free HoPo).

Gonna respect. Never really knew the speed increase from the enchant.

+ Reply to Thread