My advice to "the noob" (particularly, if it were myself)?
1) What are you thinking, rolling a warrior? Try Hunter, or Priest, you idiot! (personal preference disclaimer inserted here)
2) Try to actually "talk" to others, instead of pretending you're the only person online, while questing/leveling.
3) Join a guild early on...unless it's a totally bad one, this will be of help to your character, in so many ways!
4) Get a good gaming rig, play around with addons, and buy a gaming keyboard and/or mouse!
5) Do your own research online, look at fansites, and learn about your class...if possible, get another monitor, just for this purpose, to use while playing. Get so that you can answer questions from others, quickly and accurately--people will think you're awesome!
6) Be accepting when help is offered, ask when you don't know, and never take out your own frustrations, on someone else, even if it seems they deserve it, at the time...
Hey, I didn't say I could actually follow all this advice...it's just something to aspire to...
-"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley