+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LF a table or list of shared CDs between all Prot Warrior abilities...

LF a table or list of shared CDs between all Prot Warrior abilities...

Have googled this subject exhaustively and search various sites' forums high and low, varying the search format in numerous ways; I cannot seem to find a table or list of which abilities share cooldowns with which others for a Protection warrior. This would help those looking to build their own macros. I am not looking for a rotation CD list as that is basic knowledge. I am looking for a list of ALL shared cooldowns between warrior abilities. Does anyone know if such a list or table exists, and where to find it?

There really is no need to create macros (outside of maybe a SB/InnerRage macro) for warriors.

Most abilities are on the GCD. HS/Cleave share and are off. SB is by itself. Beserker Rage is by itself. Maybe one or two more, but really - there isn't much to macro for warriors. Part of curse of having so many options is mixing and matching based on situations that change. I wouldn't want to macro defensive CDs together, and with SnB procs, macroing offensive abilities on a set timetable would be sub-optimal.

Maybe a Charge + SB macro too?

The point being - the reason a list like that doesn't exist is because there isn't much need for one.

Though if you have ideas of the types of macros you'd be looking for, maybe there's some good suggestions that would come out of it.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Heroic Strike and Cleave share a cooldown.

Shield Wall / Recklessness / Retaliation are mutually exclusive (can't have them up at the same time) but that's different from a shared cooldown.

The only abilities I macro together are inner rage and shield block, and that's mostly because I can't be arsed to have inner rage on it's own key. I know some people like to macro berserker rage together with enraged regen (mostly to ensure that enraged regen actually fires when needed) but personally I don't. In most other cases, it just promotes bad habits to macro things together that at some point you'll need to control individually.

As much as I appreciate the responses, and as helpful as they might be, there are a great many abilities which I have been able to macro together, but that is purely by trying various abilities together. The need to macro several abilities together is optimum since for instance, if you want a temporary hp boost and self healing you could macro Last Stand, Berserker Rage, and Enraged Regeneration together. In 4.2 if you would like to grab a group of mobs that has gotten out of control AND do a good deal of damage to them, you could charge in and hit a macro that chains Inner Rage, Challenging Shout, Retaliation, and Berserker Rage together, then spam Cleave and Heroic Strike while tabbing to the next enemy (and it could be done in defensive stance). The point is, if we knew exactly what abilities could not be used together, we could use them ALL, all of the time, instead of just some, some of the time....or even worse, a few all of the time, and the rest not at all. Too often people become complacent when tanking and shrug off the urge to do what hasn't been done, because their tanking is "sufficient". I am not looking for sufficient; and so, this answer of generalities is not sufficient. I guess I will keep looking for my answer elsewhere.

And you aren't able to figure out such a list on your own by simply playing ingame? Because surely its for yourself when you're this desperate for a list.

LF a table or list of shared CDs between all Prot Warrior abilities...

@ OP,

You miss the point entirely. You will not need to use all those abilities together EVERY time you use a single one of those. That is why macro'ing them is usually a bad idea. Additionally, the concern is not a shared cd, it's that many abilities invoke the global cooldown so they cannot be used with a single keypress. If they cannot be activated with a single keypress, keeping them separate is better than in a macro.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    If they cannot be activated with a single keypress, keeping them separate is better than in a macro.
    ^

Macros are not for everyone, consult your doctor before use.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbralblade View Post
    hit a macro that chains Inner Rage, Challenging Shout, Retaliation, and Berserker Rage together,
    Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    If they cannot be activated with a single keypress, keeping them separate is better than in a macro.

Now, if you wanted to have all 4 of those abilities as a single keybind and IN ADDITION to those 4 buttons, have a macro that combines them into one, that is a totally different story, although a bit redundant.

+ Reply to Thread