+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pally + Hunter Vs Druid + Anything

Pally + Hunter Vs Druid + Anything

My wife and I just started up a 2v2 arena team. We like to PVP. I play Prot Pally, she plays Hunter. We usually make a decent team until we come up against the bane of my existance:

Druids.

First off, let me just say that in PVP, Druids are WAY TOO OVERPOWERED. I have played practically everything and I cannot kill a druid with anything to save my ever-loving life. So with that said, is there any help out there for a pally that is going up against a druid in PVP, be it Arena, Battleground, or straight up Duel?

I hate Druids with a passion to the point that I won't even play one. I will level up every single one of my characters on my realm before I even touch my Druid. That is how aggrivating I find them. So please help a Hordie Pally out and help ease my frusteration! Please!
    "Incoming Fire has the right of way"
    -Murphy's 18th Law of Combat

If they switch to any animal form your wife can fear them (scare beasts). And they won't get away between Seal of Justice, slow trap and concussive shot. Do you got any problems with a certain specc or just druids in general?

I didn't do much this season, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I suspect most teams you play against (druids or no) would attempt to chain CC you (prot pally) while focusing your wife (hunter).

Druids have access to stuns, cyclones and roots. Non-healers get a slow.

You don't specify whether it's ferals or casters that are giving the most trouble. CC usage is a little different. Ferals will have an easier time using their stuns. Their cyclones and roots will often be on proc instant cast. Caster druids hard cast their cyclone (fairly long cast) and offensive roots, and often find using stuns a little more awkward.

My general advice:
    - try to negate the initial stealth advantage (flares, etc.)
    - try to CC a feral druid (trap, scare beast, snares, etc.) and kill the partner. If the partner is harder to kill then a feral druid, you're in trouble
    - against caster druids, save AS for a cyclone cast. Probably won't have too wait long. (This assumes cyclone is the worst hard cast loss of control CC you are up against).
    - moonkin have glass beaks; focus a moonkin
    - didn't mention your wife's spec. I have more trouble 1 vs. 1 against BM hunters due to the "Beast Within" talent. If she's getting snared a lot, might want to give that a try.

When my moonkin stand in BGs or Arenas everyone wants to put me down.
    i think u will try to cc the feral druid and kill his teammate.
    but if there is resto druid or mookin , cc his teammate and just kill the druid.
    moonkin is easy to be put down.

Great tips guys! Thanks!

My problem is mainly with the Resto Druids since they always change into cat form and scurry away while their partner whittles us down. So I think that we'll go with the CCing the partner while we kill the druid the next time we try to do another arena battle.
    "Incoming Fire has the right of way"
    -Murphy's 18th Law of Combat

+ Reply to Thread