+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Heroic Chimaeron Parry Gibs?! Wtf?!

My guild has a similar problem, Chim's melee swing would (out side of double attacks) be like .2 or .1 seconds. On ticketing a GM he reviewed our combat logs, and saw we were batshit and that chim was bugging. A few minutes later he just worked.. IDK

This was the day that 4.1 came out and All of BWD was bugged to hell.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

This was the day that 4.1 came out and All of BWD was bugged to hell.
    ya i remember when magmaw was bugged and you could target him from anywhere in his room(funny how they fixed that problem.but dreamwalker in ICC has the same problem now)

Just to clear something up, are you saying the tank that is tanking during the feuds should not stand with the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Pruke View Post
    Just to clear something up, are you saying the tank that is tanking during the feuds should not stand with the raid?
    He *can* do this but you're already pushing it with damage taken. Having them separate will prevent the tank from taking the spit damage which is advisable considering healing the tank is tough enough. It's kind of a wash with all the AoE healing but still we choose not to push it and leave him out of spit range.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

I'm fairly sure that I do not take damage or get the debuff when I am in the group during the feud I am not tanking and the spit lands on the raid if I have Break.

Alright, after some more work on Chim it looks like whatever happened with what we thought might be a parry gib was either a fluke or more likely our misinterpreting of a DA. We've switched to using the strat where 1 tank takes DA before and during first feud then tank swapping after each feud and I must say, I love it. Thanks for the idea! Getting to phase 2 is no problem now.

Now our problem is just living long enough through phase 2. DPS isn't so much the issue seeing as our 4 dpsers are pushing 18-20k, it's just staying alive long enough to do said dps. We usually wipe between 3-9% and can't seem to push Chim past that. What have you guys found works best for keeping everyone alive as long as possible in phase 2? Any cool tricks or strats?

Best "trick": bring a disc priest. Your raid just can't die to that dot-tick with shields rolling on everyone.

Besides that do you push him into phase 2 with your group at full health?

There's a big list of tricks.

#1. Disco priest ... its like cheating.
    #2. Push him over during a massacre or feud. Have all DPS cut at ~23% and then wait for the massacre. When it happens group up early and heal the hell out of everyone and push dps hard.
    #3. Save bloodlust for p2.
    #4. Try and have a rogue at the top of the threat meter after your tanks ... evasion tanking is awesome.
    #5. Try and have a shaman dpser ahead of the healers so they can die and pop.
    #6. Any other dps that can shed aggro should (mages/locks/hunters).
    #7. Have your tanks (warrior and druids) save their last-stand-like CDs for p2 ... when they get dropped to under 10k they can last stand back over 10k.
    #8. Why do you only have 4 dps? This is a 2 tank, 3 healer fight.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

Quote Originally Posted by feralminded View Post
    There's a big list of tricks.

#1. Disco priest ... its like cheating.
    #2. Push him over during a massacre or feud. Have all DPS cut at ~23% and then wait for the massacre. When it happens group up early and heal the hell out of everyone and push dps hard.
    #3. Save bloodlust for p2.
    #4. Try and have a rogue at the top of the threat meter after your tanks ... evasion tanking is awesome.
    #5. Try and have a shaman dpser ahead of the healers so they can die and pop.
    #6. Any other dps that can shed aggro should (mages/locks/hunters).
    #7. Have your tanks (warrior and druids) save their last-stand-like CDs for p2 ... when they get dropped to under 10k they can last stand back over 10k.
    #8. Why do you only have 4 dps? This is a 2 tank, 3 healer fight.
    #2 is key - granted, I run 25m, which is different, but not waiting until a fued when everyone is healed up to 100% and taking him to the mortality phase then is just suicide.

A few other tricks...

* Just before mortality, if you have any hybrid healers (druids/pallys) have them taunt and have the tanks taunt back - that makes your most expendable members (healers) in P2 the next targets after the tanks.

* Spread out - make him run around to gobble up people. Don't stay stacked up after the fued.

* Any hybrid DPS with a tank set - when they pull threat, have them switch stances and pop CDs (though rogue evasion tanking > that).

* DPS should stop using CDs at 50% to make sure they are up for P2, and use DPS pots with hero right at the beginning of mortality to maximize output in short amount of time.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

* Spread out - make him run around to gobble up people. Don't stay stacked up after the fued.
    This is just a waste of DPS. His swing timer is so long and his hit box so big that even if people are in opposite corners and he goes chasing them, you probably didn't really gain any significant time from it. Just stack up and burn him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    This is just a waste of DPS. His swing timer is so long and his hit box so big that even if people are in opposite corners and he goes chasing them, you probably didn't really gain any significant time from it. Just stack up and burn him down.
    For melee - maybe - but for a mage than can blink, hunters than can deterence, locks that can teleport - as you said, his hit box is huge, so it's not like melee would have much of a problem keeping up - but range can move him a fair bit with no noticable DPS loss.

I probably should have been clear - that melee spreading out is bad - but range that can spread out can buy those last few seconds for kills before it's on farm.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    blizzard have confirmed that parry-haste as a boss mechanic is no longer in the game.
    that's right , but sometimes boss usually kidding us, have u ever hit by Caustic Slime twice with no one near u in 6yds?

that's right , but sometimes boss usually kidding us, have u ever hit by Caustic Slime twice with no one near u in 6yds?
    Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by justinlee View Post
    As a tank I do not think I have ever been hit by caustic slime outside of collapsing for feud.

On my rogue and hunter I cannot remember being hit more than once at a time by caustic slime.

Heroic Chimaeron Parry Gibs?! Wtf?!

Yesterday on reg, we took a caustic slime with just a few seconds left on feud that killed about three people and then an immediate cast of the aoe (can't remeber the name of it off-hand) that killed about three more. Are we supposed to spread just before the end of feud to avoid the splash from that slime or stay stacked until after the aoe?
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

It's the same pattern as outside of feud:

0,0 Massacre
    15,0 Caustic Slime 1+2
    20,0 Caustic Slime 3+4
    25,0 Caustic Slime 5+6
    30,0 Massacre

You got about 15 seconds to stabilise your raid for the first wave of caustics, with 9 players clumped up you need about 50k hitpoints for every wave (each slime hits for 25k pre resist, incoming every 5 seconds, three times) and you need to be above 10k hitpoints for the massacre afterwards.

If people die to caustics they either didn't pull a defensive cooldown on their own, there was no raid cooldown or your healers srewed up. You actually WANT the splash damage to be on your whole raid during a feud phase. That's when the robot is offline and it's way easier to heal the whole raid with groupheals rather then smaller groups (individuals did die tot the slime). After the third wave of caustics you could spread out again but i'd recommend standing together for some more seconds (5ish). This way your healers can more easily bring you above 10k hitpoints after the massacre cast for the next wave of caustics 15s later.

Heroic Chimaeron Parry Gibs?! Wtf?!

Tyvm
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

+ Reply to Thread