+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resto druid and Nature's Grace

Resto druid and Nature's Grace

I was wonding how many other people know this about Nature's Grace and a question at the end. As a resto druid you get more hot ticks for your haste at this moment i get 5 ticks with my rejuv, 10 with my Lifebloom,3 with my regrowth, and 8 with my wild growth. Now when i have Nature Grace up all my hots have a nother tick to them and since it has a 1 min cd and is up for 15s does this make it a must have as much as you can, even if you cast insect swarm over casting regrowth when Clearcasting is not up?(i try to only use regrowth when clearcasting is up since it takes so much mana.)

1: must have talent? yes.
    2: must have maximum uptime? why not,

but the idea of casting insect swarm over regrowth? I mean... yeah, the HpM of regrowth is not the best... but, the HpM of insect swarm is zero yeah? I don't avoid casting regrowth at all cost, I will try to limit the amount of times I cast it without an OOC proc, but, I do find myself using it a little more often to setup swiftmends and whatnot around the raid, and I never seem to notice it in the mana pool so much. As long as you're not throwing regrowths out all willy-nilly, I would imagine using them to proc your NGrace would not hurt you too bad.

In general, 3/3 Moonglow in tier two of Balance is considered a required talent. As such, you get 3/3 Nature's Grace and 2/2 Nature's Majesty since the Starlight Wrath talent has no benefit at all to Restoration. Typically the remaining 2 points which you can allocate outside of the Restoration tree will go towards 2/3 Furor for the most efficient build, however if you find yourself ending fights with extra mana you may want to invest those points in 2/3 Genesis instead as the Genesis talent would be stronger than any alternative for those points in the Restoration tree.

As for casting Insect Swarm, Moonfire, or any damaging spell, that simply comes down to you not being required to heal and having extra mana which can be spent towards damage. Otherwise you should only be getting Nature's Grace procs from Regrowth (which will generally only be used under the effect of Omen of Clarity).
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

"In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    you should only be getting Nature's Grace procs from Regrowth (which will generally only be used under the effect of Omen of Clarity).
    Note the use of the word 'generally'. A lot of druids make a big fuss about not using regrowth at all because it costs too much mana or its HpM is too low, but when it comes down to it, regrowth is our 'quick heal', and will wind up being used as such, regardless of the OOC proc. While I agree it is ideal to only use regrowth or healing touch when under the influence of OOC, in practice I find myself casting regrowth a nice handfull of times without OOC during any given fight.

Without considering the math of things, it just seems like if you have time to pay attention to the cooldown on the NGrace timer, and you want to force proc it again, just cast a regrowth. If it's not a big deal to force the proc, then wait for the OOC and then get your proc. I would not (excepting special circumstances, of course) be wasting mana on insect swarm just to proc it.

Yes, you should try to have Nature's Grace up as much as possible. Because of the cooldown on it, you'll want to try to line it up with large amounts of raid damage rather than just hitting it all the time, though. (Due to the extra tick on WG and Efflo which are a pretty big deal for raid healing, the extra tick on Lifebloom is almost always wasted.)

Regrowth is useful to proc NG - even outside of a clearcast - because the HoT gets you primed for a Swiftmend/Efflo while you have the NG up for the incoming raid damage.

+ Reply to Thread