+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Q:Tree of Life form

Q:Tree of Life form

Hi everyone, I wanted to share a problem.
    I can't get used to Tree of Life form cause I thinks its a bit useless, of course it can save the party's well-being in secs but considering the mana efficiency, its painful.
    Its bonuses are really cool such as instant casts but its mana burning effect is really hurting.
    I don't use Tree of Life form in instances cause I can handle the party damage with my human form. I also don't use my Tree of Life form in raids because of mana problem. I have 2500+ spirit which is really great for combat mana regen but can't make it work with the Tree of Life form. I'll talk about raiding: I prefer casting Tranquility if its critical on AoE and using Nature's Grace and Healing Touch combination if it's one target also adding Regrowth without waiting for Clearcasting proc. I tested my Tree of Life Form in raid, -must mention that need about 60% of mana before shapeshifting- and the results were really bad. When I was oom, i was still in Tree of Life form and the boss had 60-50%. That was horrible. I'm looking for your opinions about this.
    Thanks.

Also I think it will be useful if I share my rotations:

My rotation on instances:
    -3 stacks of Lifebloom and Rejuvenation on Tank
    -Spamming Nourish (it will renew the lifebloom stacks)
    -Casting Swiftmend if tank or any party member's health goes down 60% of total hp
    -Casting Wildgrowth on every cd on Tank (it will react as a 2nd reju on tank)
    -Casting Healing Touch if Tank or any party member's hp goes down 60% until it goes above 80% (considering Swiftmend is active or on cd)
    -Casting Nature's Grace and Healing Touch combination if Tank's hp goes down 40%
    -On a huge AoE, casting Tranquility
    -Casting Regrowth to any party member who needs first when Clearcasting procs(if no one needs it, casting on tank for keeping up lifebloom)
    -Casting myself Innervate when mana is about 50%

Rotation on Raids:
    -Its the same rotation as on instances except I spam Healing Touch, cause Nourish is becoming useless.
    -Also casting innervate when my mana is about 60% to have it again later during the raid.
    -If Tank is in danger I cast Regrowth without waiting Clearcasting proc.

Are you spamming Regrowth while in Tree? That's the only real way I could think of to OOM yourself while in Tree. Generally - aside from the obvious +15% heal buff - Tree also saves quite a bit of mana via rolling multiple bloom stacks and getting more clearcasting procs.

Some random extras based on your information:

-Casting Swiftmend if tank or any party member's health goes down 60% of total hp
    Swiftmend - and the resulting Effloresence - is both extremely effective and efficient. Rather than be reactive with it in most situations by whack-a-moleing a health bar, try being a little more proactive. That means making sure you're dropping Effloresence on clumps of people (often melee - and ideally a cat druid or mut. rogue) in any situation that encourages it.

-Casting Wildgrowth on every cd on Tank (it will react as a 2nd reju on tank)
    While casting Wild Growth on CD isn't neccessarily a bad habit - you do want as much WG uptime as possible - using it as an "extra Rejuv" on a tank is wasting most of the potential and severely diminishing your ability as a raid healer. Keep using it on CD as much as possible, but try to line it up better with incoming raid damage.

-Casting myself Innervate when mana is about 50%
    Innervate should not be cast at a particular percentage of mana, rather whenever you've spent as much mana as Innervate would return. Meaning, with a 100k mana pool, you'd try to innervate around 80k mana. That said, it's also prudent to attempt to line up Innervate with Power Torrent procs or effects like Hymn of Hope, but only if waiting on the procs does not cause you to significantly delay the usage.

There's more, but I'm stuck at work. Not much time to write a book yet.
    Last edited by Bovinity; 06-11-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Tree of Life form is not meant for Regrowth spamming. During Tree of Life you're priorities don't actually change other than Lifebloom can be used on multiple targets. All other priorities remain consistent, if you'd use Wild Growth without Tree of Life, you'd use it in Tree of Life. If you'd use Swiftmend out of Tree of Life, you'd use it in Tree of Life. It makes Lifebloom and Wild Growth more effective and buffs the healing numbers of all your heals. Regrowth it makes instant however this is only for if you're on the move, if you aren't moving, Regrowth would continue to be used as it would normally.

If you wait for 50% or 60% to innervate you're definately doing it wrong. I'd innervate at anything below 80%. You want to use it as often as possible, plain and simple. If I get 3 innervates per fight and you only get 2, my mana lasts significantly longer.

If you use percentages as your guidelines for what heal to cast, you're doing it wrong. Using health percentages as guidelines for what spell to use is always a bad idea. For example, the Cho'gall encounter has Shadow Orders which causes damage to the entire raid and will lower everyone in the raid rather low health. However, it will not kill them if they were topped off before hand and you have plenty of time to heal them using efficient means instead of blowing inefficient casts simply because their health is lower. The decision as to what heal you use is significantly more dynamic than simple health percentages.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 06-11-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Also...
    Moonglow > Furor

If you're having mana issues you should spec for the optimal mana efficiency. 3/3 Moonglow and 2/3 Furor is more efficient than 2/3 Moonglow and 3/3 Furor.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I definitely found it hard to resist at first as well, "hey instant regrowths! ok everyone's topped off, but where's my manas?!" Definitely wanna resist the urge to just spam regrowth. Instead, I will use this in periods of pulse AoE and get 1 or 2 stacks of lifebloom on all 10 raid members, while using the occasional regrowth to catch up on my tank (since I have been using the last 20 gcd's to put blooms all over). Though it may be silly, I will go entire fights without even using Tree of Life at all, so don't feel like you 'have to use it' unless you are not finishing the fights due to healer OOM's, then, of course, you can figure out where to use it during the fight to help your other healers out saving some manas. Then there's fights like Chimaeron, where I'll use this in the last phase for the fast cast / crit wraths, TreePS ftw!

The sad thing is that - even as an instant cast (which really doesn't give you any more casts since you still wait on the GCD) - Regrowth spam will be lower HPS than just casting a plain old Healing Touch. Or at least it's very close and not worth the mana at all.

Regrowth really is a completely awful spell. The only real use it has is proccing Natures Grace for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    The sad thing is that - even as an instant cast (which really doesn't give you any more casts since you still wait on the GCD) - Regrowth spam will be lower HPS than just casting a plain old Healing Touch. Or at least it's very close and not worth the mana at all.

Regrowth really is a completely awful spell. The only real use it has is proccing Natures Grace for you.
    Yeah, I think this three heal mechanic is pretty awkward for most specs. Shammies use Healing Wave a fair bit, Pallies cast Holy Light once in a blue moon (at least it's a good maintainer spell for periods of light damage), Priests never ever ever cast Heal in a raid (seriously, I don't know why I keep it bound), and I know nothing about Druids but I'll take your word about Regrowth being crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebadoh View Post
    Yeah, I think this three heal mechanic is pretty awkward for most specs. Shammies use Healing Wave a fair bit, Pallies cast Holy Light once in a blue moon (at least it's a good maintainer spell for periods of light damage), Priests never ever ever cast Heal in a raid (seriously, I don't know why I keep it bound), and I know nothing about Druids but I'll take your word about Regrowth being crappy.
    My Regrowths crit for just over ~11k and heal normally for around ~8k. You can see my gear via my signature for reference. My Priest, in mostly blue PvP gear as Disc crits for ~26k and heals for ~17k. It's pretty worthless for 'emergency healing', unfortunately sometimes it's the only choice when Swiftmend is on CD. Nourish and Healing Touch are fine, but slow. We don't have a proc that decreases it's cast time on demand like Borrowed Time, Serendipity, Tidal Waves or Infusion of Light.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    I definitely found it hard to resist at first as well, "hey instant regrowths! ok everyone's topped off, but where's my manas?!"
    After I read all your replies I must admit that I felt just like you when I shapeshift into Tree of Life form and spammed Regrowth. Duh, must fix it. And neither noticed the ultimate importance of Lifebloom. So, I'll focus on those on my next raid experience, hope my new performance will be greater.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Also...
    Moonglow > Furor

If you're having mana issues you should spec for the optimal mana efficiency. 3/3 Moonglow and 2/3 Furor is more efficient than 2/3 Moonglow and 3/3 Furor.
    I thought about it but couldn't decide which one will be best and asked our guild's druid healer and he suggested me that tree. Well, seems like my trainer will get tons of gold again

Quote Originally Posted by Sebadoh View Post
    Well, for Druids we can count Nourish.

Thank you for your answers, they are really enlightened me, Now I'll focus on my Tree of Life form and use my druid more efficiently.

+ Reply to Thread