+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best way to start raiding?

Best way to start raiding?

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lilicia/simple

Other than 1 trinket I assume Im ready to start raiding. But everyone seems to want you to have already beaten the expansion just to get into a raid group. Am I the only one who didnt get every raid achievement upon hitting 85? Or wasnt everyone else in the same position I am in at one point? I have watched tankspot videos so isnt that the only thing I can really do to get experience? How else are you supposed to get raid experience without actually doing the raids, which I cant get invited to, because I havent actually done the raids.

Apply to your realms raiding guilds. Hopefully one of them will be in need of a tank, and keep plugging away at those pug groups, hey maybe even start a few of you're own.

Honesty is the best policy in these situations. Whenever somebody asks for your raid experience, say "I have none, but I've watched the Tankspot videos and am willing to learn", and most reasonable raid leaders would give you a shot.

Alternately, follow Teng's advice and check out your realm forums, see if there are any casual raiding guilds in need of a tank.

Found a guild last night and cleared BoT. Even got 2 pieces of loot.

Grats!
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

+ Reply to Thread