+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury warrior - DPS problem

Fury warrior - DPS problem

Hi all, i know what u think:
    - Oh god, another dps problem thread...
    lol

I tell u my problem, im a fury warrior, ilvl 350 eqquiped, i start to RAID a few weeks ago n don't gather any usefull items yet.
    This is my armory, i do a good rotation (CS-BT-RB-(BT-Slam-BT-RB)x2-BT-Slam-BT n start rotation again), use Battleshout to make an stable anger lvl... ...but only do 11-12kdps

Im over hit soft cap (13.27%), 778 expertise, 17,78% crit
    Good gemed, good enchanted (low gold good enchanted set)
    I really dont know how improve my dps
    With this dps/ilvl can't found RAID groups, but can't increase ilvl/dps neither.
    Can u help me please?

Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately my attempts at learning something other than English failed - so basic questions:

1) Are you stacking your CDs? Using Trinkets + Deathwish + Reckless + Golemsblood potion?
    2) Are you trying, when possible to stack CDs during a burn phase or during bloodlust?
    3) Do you have logs?
    4) Are you hitting Heroic Strike when rage > 80?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I fixed the link to english for you

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../glur/advanced

You have a couple of odd choice in regards to your reforges and enchants.

Your helm and ring you should reforge haste off instead of mastery as mastery is still a good stat with TG.

You also reforged expertise off some items only to reforge expertise back on certain items and enchanted for it. I would highly suggest removing all your reforging and start back from scratch.

You really really shouldn't ever be enchanting for hit/expertise, strength or crit is going to be superior for those enchants.

Also for things like your license to slay think about reforging hit to crit. Crit is out best secondary stat and your crit is still fairly low.

Wow, 2 little letters... Didn't know that was possible, learn something new every day.

Glur - is your 11-12k on Magmaw or ODS? If it's on Magmaw I bet dollars to donuts that you aren't using your CDs on the exposed head, but rather right off the bat. Save your CDs for the exposed head.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I cant fault your talents, or anything specific in your gear... there may be small things which I would do differently, but they cannot be causing you very big problems.

I think Loganisis has it right; you probably just need more practice on the bosses you are currently fighting. Magmaw is a good fight to be a fury warrior, just make sure you position yourself correctly to attack his head when he is chained down because if you are standing too close you will not make any auto-attacks and quickly end up with no rage and doing no DPS, and definitely save your recklessness, death wish & blood fury for when you are attacking his head because you do 2x damage then.
    Dont worry if you do poor DPS on omnitron defense council; it is a movement-heavy fight so melee generally do not do very well there... this expansion is not kind on melee in raids, it often requires us to move around a lot which ranged DPS deal better with.

I think the above posters are right..there is seems to be a combination of some reforging/enchanting and what you are actually doing during a raid. For the rotation part just try and remember that fury is a priority system and not a set rotation. Your priority is CS>BT>RB>slam on proc with HS being used as a rage dump when over 80 rage only. You never want to miss a BT cool down even if RB or a slam proc is avail always choose to BT instead etc....To help with HS usage an addon like power auras is good. Power auras can be set to show you when you have more than 80 rage, a battletrance proc, and incite proc. In terms of your gear, honestly for level 350 gear you should be closer to 15k on Magmaw type fights. You should eventually get the better enchants for your gloves (str), boots, bracers (str), and weapons (landslide on both). In terms of reforging you should start over. First thing to do is reforge crit on all of your gear. Take it from haste at first and mastery if there is no haste. These two stats are your worst with haste being slightly worse than mastery. After you get crit on everything reforge to reach your expertise cap and then reforge as much hit as possible beyond 8%. Extra hit will help you with rage generation and if you are using HS too often the extra hit may help a bit. Get a dps cloak too. I suggest you practice on a dummy limiting your HS usage.

Perhaps someone can clear up my confusion, but why is it advisable to increase hit rating above the 8% cap, especially at the expense of improving other stats such as crit? What real benefit are you getting in having your hit at 12% as opposed to 8%?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeerowan View Post
    Perhaps someone can clear up my confusion, but why is it advisable to increase hit rating above the 8% cap, especially at the expense of improving other stats such as crit? What real benefit are you getting in having your hit at 12% as opposed to 8%?
    You NEVER sacrifice crit for any other rating unless you have to in order to hit 8% hit/26exp (at 350 gear level you don't have to).

Now, as to why hit past 8% > mastery and haste:

8% is the special attack hit cap. 27% is the dual-weild melee white damage hit cap. So even at the 8% cap, you have a 19% chance your melee swings (white damage) will miss. Missed melee attacks make you miss out on several things:
    1. Enrage procs. Enrage uptime isn't 100% for most players, so more chances to proc = good, but that's not the real value of hit....
    2. Rage - your rage comes from white attacks (plus a tiny amount from damage recieved, which becomes greater in hard modes). So missed white attacks = 0 rage. More rage means more HS which means more deeps.
    3. Melee attacks got buffed for fury to 140% weapon damage. So missed white attacks now mean more missed DPS.
    4. More hit chance = smaller chance of 2 or 3 or 4 missed swings in a row, reducing rage starvation.

I'm sure there's something else, but I'm drawing a blank.

8% isn't hit capped for dual-weilders. It's only yellow hit capped. But hit should never be gained at the expense of crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    Unfortunately my attempts at learning something other than English failed - so basic questions:

1) Are you stacking your CDs? Using Trinkets + Deathwish + Reckless + Golemsblood potion?
    2) Are you trying, when possible to stack CDs during a burn phase or during bloodlust?
    3) Do you have logs?
    4) Are you hitting Heroic Strike when rage > 80?
    Sorry for the spanish armory link =P

1) I use the long CD's to burn bosses usually, obviusly, i do morerage dps then
    2) Yes i stack CD's n use free slam when Bloodsurge procs
    3) Yes, let me search n i'll post it soon
    4) With my short-time rotation, i usually haven't > 80

Thanks for the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Ragebark View Post
    I fixed the link to english for you

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../glur/advanced

You have a couple of odd choice in regards to your reforges and enchants.

Your helm and ring you should reforge haste off instead of mastery as mastery is still a good stat with TG.

You also reforged expertise off some items only to reforge expertise back on certain items and enchanted for it. I would highly suggest removing all your reforging and start back from scratch.

You really really shouldn't ever be enchanting for hit/expertise, strength or crit is going to be superior for those enchants.

Also for things like your license to slay think about reforging hit to crit. Crit is out best secondary stat and your crit is still fairly low.
    Thanks for answering.
    I reforge all items again, but i cant get much more hit with this items =P

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    Wow, 2 little letters... Didn't know that was possible, learn something new every day.

Glur - is your 11-12k on Magmaw or ODS? If it's on Magmaw I bet dollars to donuts that you aren't using your CDs on the exposed head, but rather right off the bat. Save your CDs for the exposed head.
    I saved CD's, 11-12kdps was my average dmg, i do 2 - 2.5k more when burn CD's

Quote Originally Posted by Beefius View Post
    I cant fault your talents, or anything specific in your gear... there may be small things which I would do differently, but they cannot be causing you very big problems.

I think Loganisis has it right; you probably just need more practice on the bosses you are currently fighting. Magmaw is a good fight to be a fury warrior, just make sure you position yourself correctly to attack his head when he is chained down because if you are standing too close you will not make any auto-attacks and quickly end up with no rage and doing no DPS, and definitely save your recklessness, death wish & blood fury for when you are attacking his head because you do 2x damage then.
    Dont worry if you do poor DPS on omnitron defense council; it is a movement-heavy fight so melee generally do not do very well there... this expansion is not kind on melee in raids, it often requires us to move around a lot which ranged DPS deal better with.
    In omnitron i do 14kdps usually, so much melee n heroic leap to get other golems.
    Now im reforging my gear, i test it yesterday n now do 14-15 dps in multitarget n 16-17kdps in single target (tested in ICC).
    Im new in RAIDs, i play wow about 2 months lol

Thanks for the reply, that all makes sense. I'm titan's grip fury and I've reforged to get my hit to 11.27%. My crit is at 21.57% and my expertise at 23/26. On items that I can reforge to crit, I have, but if not, its reforged to hit or expertise. Obviously, 26% hit is not gonna happen, but I'm assuming I should get it as high as possible as long as I've reached the 26 expertise cap, and any item that can be reforged to crit, has been (but not at expense of expertise cap).

Quote Originally Posted by Bung View Post
    I think the above posters are right..there is seems to be a combination of some reforging/enchanting and what you are actually doing during a raid. For the rotation part just try and remember that fury is a priority system and not a set rotation. Your priority is CS>BT>RB>slam on proc with HS being used as a rage dump when over 80 rage only. You never want to miss a BT cool down even if RB or a slam proc is avail always choose to BT instead etc....To help with HS usage an addon like power auras is good. Power auras can be set to show you when you have more than 80 rage, a battletrance proc, and incite proc. In terms of your gear, honestly for level 350 gear you should be closer to 15k on Magmaw type fights. You should eventually get the better enchants for your gloves (str), boots, bracers (str), and weapons (landslide on both). In terms of reforging you should start over. First thing to do is reforge crit on all of your gear. Take it from haste at first and mastery if there is no haste. These two stats are your worst with haste being slightly worse than mastery. After you get crit on everything reforge to reach your expertise cap and then reforge as much hit as possible beyond 8%. Extra hit will help you with rage generation and if you are using HS too often the extra hit may help a bit. Get a dps cloak too. I suggest you practice on a dummy limiting your HS usage.
    I dont use hs, my short-time rotation dont give so much anger.
    Fury have a standard rotation to maximize CD's n dmg, using the procs of BT.
    I haven't problems with my rotation, im an old school gamer, new in wow, but an old gamer xD
    Thanks for the advise

About 33% of fury warrior dmg its from melee attacks, more hit = less miss, less miss = more anger, more anger = can cast more habilities for hard dmg.
    Expertise at 26 give us a 0% miss chance against all bosses for our habilities (hard dmg), n crit its our best dps increaser.

Thanks for the reply, that all makes sense. I'm titan's grip fury and I've reforged to get my hit to 11.27%. My crit is at 21.57% and my expertise at 23/26. On items that I can reforge to crit, I have, but if not, its reforged to hit or expertise. Obviously, 26% hit is not gonna happen, but I'm assuming I should get it as high as possible as long as I've reached the 26 expertise cap, and any item that can be reforged to crit, has been (but not at expense of expertise cap).
    23/26 expertise is doing it wrong. MH expertise needs to be 26, even if this means going to 26/29. 23/26 expertise means 0.75% of your yellow attacks, on average, will be dodged. That is not good. It kinda stinks that the racial expertise bonus is for your OH, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Hard hit cap is 27%, not 26 ;-)

Reforge everything to crit - then reforge to expertise as needed. If you can't hit 26 expertise, then unforge some crit and put it into expertise. But as a baseline, make sure crit is on every piece and only modify this if you can't hit 26 expertise.

+ Reply to Thread