+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PST - Episode 32

PST - Episode 32

This week:
    0:48 - What program do you use to stream raids?
    1:39 - Is it better to do farm content after the reset, or go right to progression?
    4:02 - Why does the mail system make me wait an hour?
    5:49 - Is pugging really dead?
    7:43 - Why have the Firelands bosses been killed so quickly on PTR?
    10:11 - Will the Tier 11 nerfs just result in a bunch of bad raiders?
    15:14 - Why did health pools jump up so much in Cataclysm?
    19:31 - Will pugs miss out on Deathwing?
    22:44 - Whose job is it to control aggro - the tank's, or the DPS?

first

Thanks for posting this
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

D-D-D-Double Post?

aw jack. so misunderstood.

great show as always!

http://overkills.informe.com/forum/h...amas-dt38.html

The picture that Lore referenced in PST.

Your welcome

oo i wanna go to www[dot]dontgohereorugethacked[dot]com o_0

was sad not to see my question hopefully in the future

Re: Is PUGging really dead?
    You discussed this briefly with others on Gamebreaker.TV's Legendary #28. PUGging in Korea is very much alive.
    - Ryan
    Oft hope is born when all is forlorn - LoTR3: RoTK

/2 LFM starting Heroic Cho'gall raid plz link achievement, iLevel 370+, have 3 credible references (one must be a minister), a full raiding resume, or.... just be Korean and have a level 85
    Last edited by Scottpoet; 06-04-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: forgetting to carry the 1 in ilevel

Quote Originally Posted by DomN8r View Post
    http://overkills.informe.com/forum/h...amas-dt38.html

The picture that Lore referenced in PST.

Your welcome
    that was great. I'm now going to be using these lines in every single raid.

As for pugging being dead. Yeah my server it's currently rotting in the maggots.

Re: tank threat. During the first 20 seconds of the pull it's the dps's job to watch threat, after that then it's the tanks job to keep threat. Any aggro dumps it's the dps's job to make sure they dont pull til tank gets aggro back. If you die to over aggro in the first 20 seconds it's your fault, if your pull later in the fight then it's the tanks fault for not generating enough threat but you should still have hit invis or stopped attacking.

I love your dog lore!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottpoet View Post
    /2 LFM starting Heroic Cho'gall raid plz link achievement, iLevel 270+, have 3 credible references (one must be a minister), a full raiding resume, or.... just be Korean and have a level 85
    iLevel 270? That's mostly-ICC-hc-gear :x

Either way, pugging on my server is crap aswell. Also, there's no way you can clear 6/13 heroic with a RANDOM PuG, that's definately an organized group, just not within the same guild and therefore calls themselves a PuG.

the whole forgetting to carry the 1 and making it 370+ kind of ruined the joke /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by uglie View Post

Re: tank threat. During the first 20 seconds of the pull it's the dps's job to watch threat, after that then it's the tanks job to keep threat. Any aggro dumps it's the dps's job to make sure they dont pull til tank gets aggro back. If you die to over aggro in the first 20 seconds it's your fault, if your pull later in the fight then it's the tanks fault for not generating enough threat but you should still have hit invis or stopped attacking.
    So basically 90% of the time when a dps dies it's the dps fault!!!
    "It's always the Healer's fault; unless it's the Tanks fault, just ask the DPS'er in purples doing 5k!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    7:43 - Why have the Firelands bosses been killed so quickly on PTR?
    This question fills me with so much rage, I love how dumb the top guilds are when they are streaming the PTR raids and they are world first players with full 372/379 gear and BARELY kill the boss or kill it just after the enrage timer and then go and post on the forums the fight is perfectly tuned. No you idiots, the fight is supposed to be tuned for people in full 359 gear (with MAYBE 1 or 2 pieces of 372)

Thanks, always enjoy watching your show. I had to log in, because I absolutely had to add something to the threat (tank vs. dps)

Although you're completely correct on your assessment of how good players would get along with threat, I think you completely passed "initial threat" and "how to not blow your CDs in the first quarter second of an encounter as a DPS and make all the mobs run in all different directions, running them away form the tank, and never allowing any good threat to be generated". That is what a stupid large portion of the randoms do these days and it's really not fun tanking any more. Basically, I am saying there's a lot of ways the DPS can make it impossible for the tank to ever gain enough aggro that things can flow well.

In reference to the Deathwing raid and allowing everyone equal chance to enjoy the content. How possible to do you think it would be to release the raid with normal mode only for 2-3 months, and once the majority of the player base has cleared the content they could release the Heroic versions, while also nerfing normal modes slightly? This would give more people a chance to go after World First Heroic Achievements while also allowing pugs and lesser raiders to see the content sooner.

Next to the murder capital of the world....
    Thanks for the tank vs. dps question! I play mostly dps and healing classes and just want to add: general rule of thumb - -give the tank at least a 5-count before you start dps-ing (or throwing them a heal), use one of your aggro dump abilities (if you pull threat and have one) -like feign death, invisibility, etc - and for heaven's sake if something is beating on you - run TOWARDS the tank so he can get them!

Great video! I found this to be quite informative, and very helpful. This was a great find, now I will have to watch the rest of them. Thanks for sharing. I am considering upgrading my gaming system, and would like to know if anyone can advise me on what to buy? I am not real techy, so I would appreciate the advice. Do you think it would be worth it to check out hhgregg? Do they sell good gaming systems in your opinion? Thank you.
    Last edited by Altheas; 11-07-2011 at 02:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread