+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reforging and Gems

Reforging and Gems

Hello all. I've read a few gemming/reforging guides for Fury but they all say different things. Fury is an offspec for me so I've sort of neglected it. I was hoping someone could audit my stats, reforging and gems and tell me what I need to change. Thank you very much

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...druce/advanced

Simple rule for gems: match for the socket bonus if it gives +STR (any amount), use +40 STR red, +20 STR/+20 HIT blue, +20 STR/+20 CRIT yellow. If the socket bonus gives +HASTE or +CRIT, just fill with red STR gems regardless.

For reforging: if you are under 26 EXP on both weapons before reforging, reforge for EXP, preferably from the non-CRIT stat of items with CRIT. For items without CRIT, always reforge for CRIT from the following order of preference: HASTE>MASTERY>HIT>EXP. If you have reached the EXP cap and every item has CRIT, reforge the non-crit stat of remaining un-reforged items to HIT.

This is because your stat priority is STR>CRIT>HIT>MASTERY>HASTE; you can only get more STR from gems and enchants so make sure to get as much as possible this way, then focus on getting the most CRIT from reforging, as well as making the 26 EXP cap and then reforging anything remaining to your 3rd best stat, currently HIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefius View Post
    Simple rule for gems: match for the socket bonus if it gives +STR (any amount), use +40 STR red, +20 STR/+20 HIT blue, +20 STR/+20 CRIT yellow. If the socket bonus gives +HASTE or +CRIT, just fill with red STR gems regardless.
    Not quite true. 20 crit/gem would often be worth it (40 crit + 20 str = 40 str), though I'm not sure of any slot like that - the one I do know of is the helm, there is a +30 crit gem worth using a hybrid str/crit gem in. 30 crit > 10 str. But otherwise, yeah, if the bonus is 10 str per gem, use a hybrid.

As for reforging, I'd like to modify what beefius said slightly:

Step 1: Reforge haste then mastery then hit to crit on any gear that doesn't already have crit. Make sure crit is on all gear.

Step 2: Reforge into expertise if needed from haste then mastery then hit. If you can't hit 26 exp, then undo a crit reforge into expertise as needed.

Step 3: Reforge any remaining haste/mastery into hit. You'll never reforge haste into mastery because you can always reforge it into either crit or hit if not needed for exp.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    Not quite true. 20 crit/gem would often be worth it (40 crit + 20 str = 40 str), though I'm not sure of any slot like that - the one I do know of is the helm, there is a +30 crit gem worth using a hybrid str/crit gem in. 30 crit > 10 str. But otherwise, yeah, if the bonus is 10 str per gem, use a hybrid.
    Okay fine; the one exception is the helm of maddening whispers, where it is probably best to gem for the +30 haste bonus... it may not be a high-priority stat but 30 haste + 20 hit works out to be more valuable than a mere 20 str.

+ Reply to Thread