+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Double checking up here.

Double checking up here.

Hey there guiz. I was a pretty regular poster here right before Firelands came out and I got extremely bored with WoW but as of late I have been leveling a rogue and for the most part I am enjoying it.

I have a question, though. I feel as though my DPS is quite low when compared to other classes. Especially mages/hunters.

Here's my rotation:

Stealth>Garrott>Mutilate>Rupture> IF i get a bonus combo point, I throw down SnD> If not, mutilate>SnD>Mutilatex2>Envenom>Mutx2>Rupture>Mutx 2>Envenom

Repeat.
    Suggestions?

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Rayve/simple

Double checking up here.

You really want to be able to track three things.
    1. Slice and dice
    2. Rupture
    3. Envenom

You can envenom with four or five combo points (cp).

Once you can see all three of those things easily (I use powerauras) then you are close. Get snd up with the first cp you get. Get rupture up with the next cp you get. Get an envenom to extend your snd and get you the buff for applying poisons. Now that you have all three rolling:

No matter what cps you have, is rupture rolling? No. The use whatever you currently have to get rupture going again. Yes, move on.

Rupture is rolling, is snd about to fall off? Yes, use what you have to envenom and keep snd going. No, move on.

Do you have four or five cps? No, mut. Yes, move on.

You have four or five cps, do you have the envenom buff? Yes, pool energy but DO NOT cap. No, envenom.

So there may be time that you do nothing to pool energy because the important stuff is covered. Your main dmg comes from instant poison on main hand, melée, then deadly on off-hand. The buffs of snd and envenom proc'ing more poisons are the real damage. You don't "directly" do more damage by pressing more buttons. Overlapping the envenom buff is wateful unless you are full energy.

PS. Don't forget to switch to backstabbing sub 35% hp.

Not sure your level but that is the end product. Adjust accordingly if you don't have some talents yet.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

I personally use Stealth > Garrote > Rupture > Slice And Dice (Or Shiv > Slice And Dice) > Mutilate x2 > Envenom.
    Key Points?: 1) Rupture doesn't need to be a 4-5 combo point rupture. 2) Shiv is much more energy efficient when going fora single combo point to get things rolling. Need to refresh Slice And Dice after it fell off of the target? No problem! Shiv > Slice And Dice > Shiv > Envenom. And you're back up and running. ^.~

If you're just leveling, you have to consider that other classes have AoE's at your level, and Rogues, just simply do not. You'll be alright on Single-target, but really, on trash, the Rogue may aswell just go to sleep. It gets alot better later on when you get Fan of Knives, but honestly.. I wouldn't worry about your DPS whilst leveling, its going to be bad compared to other classes AoE wise no matter what you do.

Mages and Hunters have very short "build-up" times on Single targets aswell so can hit high numbers quick, whilst due to poisons, the Rogue needs alot of build-up to do the same level of DPS. Unfortunately, this means that by the time the Rogue can start doing real damage.. the boss is dead and the Mage has linked his DPS thinking he's pro, when no, he just rolled a Mage. >_>

Double checking up here.

Quote Originally Posted by SinjiTheInvisible View Post
    I personally use Stealth > Garrote > Rupture > Slice And Dice (Or Shiv > Slice And Dice) > Mutilate x2 > Envenom.
    Key Points?: 1) Rupture doesn't need to be a 4-5 combo point rupture. 2) Shiv is much more energy efficient when going fora single combo point to get things rolling. Need to refresh Slice And Dice after it fell off of the target? No problem! Shiv > Slice And Dice > Shiv > Envenom. And you're back up and running. ^.~
    I actually used this on last nights rag kill. Had both drop off during the first and third seeds. I liked this for getting them rolling again.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

+ Reply to Thread