+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blarrgh... guilds.

Blarrgh... guilds.

I recently transferred to a new server after calling my last one home for 6 years. I transferred because I found a guild that works around work and real life schedules, and said they needed a tank to start raiding again, since they lost a lot of members to Rift.

I've been there for three weeks now and nothing has happened, and all the pugs I've joined either have failed or... failed.

I'm torn as to what I should do. Sure, life takes up WoW time, and WoW takes up life time, and it's nice to be in a guild that works around that, but just dying to get some content done and I can't seem to find a place to do it. I have one friend from my old server that wants me to come back and join his guild, but he can't guarantee a spot for me.

Am I just being whiney?

Well you could ask your guild leadership about it, and if they don't have any plans to get something started, you could always ask if you can organize something. Get as many guildmates as you can, and fill in the holes with PuGs if need be. With a majority guild run, you should be able to get some things accomplished.

If you won't lead yourself, you can't really complain about a lack of leadership in my opinion.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Thing is, I have talked about getting raids started and as people sign up to do them, they don't show up. That's the reason why I end up pugging.

Even with three 85s online, asking them if they want to do a random is quite a task. "Anyone wanna do a random? Guild rep!" The usual response is no, because they don't want to have to deal with pugging 1 person. I dunno. I try... I really do! I'm a natural born leader, and I feel held back kinda

Quote Originally Posted by Rystrave View Post
    Thing is, I have talked about getting raids started and as people sign up to do them, they don't show up. That's the reason why I end up pugging.

Even with three 85s online, asking them if they want to do a random is quite a task. "Anyone wanna do a random? Guild rep!" The usual response is no, because they don't want to have to deal with pugging 1 person. I dunno. I try... I really do! I'm a natural born leader, and I feel held back kinda
    Well if not everyone shows up, raid with the people who do show. If no one shows at all, it sounds like you're in a dead guild and it's time to move on, or build your own guild.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    Well if not everyone shows up, raid with the people who do show. If no one shows at all, it sounds like you're in a dead guild and it's time to move on, or build your own guild.
    Probably... I personally don't have the time to manage my own guild. After being in two rather hardcore raiding guilds during and after Wrath, I wished to be in a semi-casual raiding environment where I could still have a life outside of WoW but still progress ingame.

It just sucks cuz I just paid $25 to xfer my toon over only to be disappointed.

+ Reply to Thread