+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - Tier 11 Nerfs

Stop having opinions? Er, ok. I'll get right on that.

And who are you to say who's "ruining the game" or that Blizzard is stupid for making some decisions? That's pretty darn amazing that you see yourself as that all-knowing.

I'm glad they're nerfing the content. The expansion needs a Naxx-style entry level raid and here it is.

I didnt say I am allknowing. What I said is that there are alot of opinions brought up, that clearly is about things that doesnt affect the ones having those opinions in any way, and still they say that the feelings of the people that get affected is just stupid. Cause this is a matter of feelings towards the whole nerf, right? I mean its not like it changes anything except the experience and the feeling toward the raid by those who are doing it? And isnt it really the feelings of those that gets affected that should matter?

Also the t11 raid is allready an entry level raid, isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyoor View Post
    Its because of people like you that the game gets ruined. For example one class gets a change that is just about playstyle and not about dmg output or anything that should bother someone else. Then the players who play the class says that they dont like the change, but everyone else (that obviously are alot more) say "Its fine, let it be that way." And Blizzard (stupid as they are) listens to the majority instead of listening to the people that gets effected by it all.
    Sale on tin foil, aisle 5.

And Blizzard (stupid as they are) listens to the majority

Which is exactly why their net income was reported at $503 million for this past quarter.

and still they say that the feelings of the people that get affected is just stupid.
    Actually, you're doing just that. Telling people with opinions other than yours to just shut up and stop having an opinion altogether. Not exactly a debate-friendly stance.

Also the t11 raid is allready an entry level raid, isnt it?
    Not really. The entire tier was pretty brutal overall.

Still you and so many others who are in the same situation as you post here and have a really strong opinion about it. I honestly dont get why, when at the same time it really doesnt matter eather way for most of you.

If you have cleared the content and it doesnt matter to you, just stop having an opinion about it and try to say that its a good Idea. Its because of people like you that the game gets ruined. For example one class gets a change that is just about playstyle and not about dmg output or anything that should bother someone else. Then the players who play the class says that they dont like the change, but everyone else (that obviously are alot more) say "Its fine, let it be that way." And Blizzard (stupid as they are) listens to the majority instead of listening to the people that gets effected by it all.

So FFS stop having opinions about stuff that dont even effect you in eather way. Please!
    people who cannot clear the content are the majority.. not the minority. Know your facts before you rant.

people who cannot clear the content are the majority.. not the minority. Know your facts before you rant.
    Yep. Even a raider in a guild that's 12/12 normal is - surprising though it may be - probably roughly in the top 10% of all WoW players in terms of PvE progression. (Note that this analysis was done with a bit of quick and dirty math using WoWProgress. Be gentle with your critique.)

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    Majority of people posting, not of people playing.

Goth nyan cat. Thats wrong on so many levels...
    #2 Soul brother

Quote Originally Posted by Nez View Post
    Content has always been nerfed by Blizzard, so I do not see why this would surprise anyone.
    Because now they clearly stated that this will be their path to walk for further content they release.
    So you can just wait for firelands to get nerfed and walsh thru that with the nerfs why even bother to do it now

Quote Originally Posted by HellRaver View Post
    So you can just wait for firelands to get nerfed and walsh thru that with the nerfs why even bother to do it now
    Yeah why bother do anything hard? Oh wait, because that's the point ... some of us enjoy the challenge and the competition. This is stupid.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

Quote Originally Posted by HellRaver View Post
    Because now they clearly stated that this will be their path to walk for further content they release.
    So that you can start on the new stuff when T13 comes perhaps? So that you keep on track to actually kill Deathwing in the final tier of the expansion?

The entire point of raiding is to complete rewarding and challenging content. If you don't play to do that, why do you play?

Hello,

I must say that before nerfs, in Cataclysm, my guild has only downed Deathwing and Halfus on normal mode (and only once each) - plus the Tol Barad boss on these past weeks.
    Whereas, on ICC we managed to get to LK on 10 man. Nevertheless, even progressing through Naxx on a previous even less experienced guild was a total pain (before Ulduar came out we had only killed like 4 bosses in Naxx). And then, on another guild, we could only get to Ayriaya (the cat lady) in Ulduar before ToC was released.

During the BC, in the 2 guilds I was in, we could not even down a boss nowhere.

On WotLK I was finally able to have some enjoyable experience in raiding, but around Ulduar I changed to a better raiding guild and after a few trials, I was grounded from raiding cause the only spot available was for a dk dps and I could not do as much as required, so turned back to a previous guild, then to another and - gracefully - the content was easy enough for , after many months and thousands of hours in ICC we did manage to get several players with Kingslayer title (incl. 3 of my characters).

Bottom line is, most people in average 10th to 50th guild rank in server don't even realize there are literally thousands of players that like to raid but find the content overbearing for their skill. And those thousands of players sort of random pvp (hence some "poor" pvp sort of play) or after they reach 70 or 80 or 85 now, they do a few dungeons, perhaps a few heroics, and then start another alt.

So, on my part, and I'd say perhaps for several thousands of players on every server, I'm not even sure if the nerf on normals is going to make a huge difference, perhaps a difference, but certainly not a huge one.
    And I'm not even mentioning players of a skill inferior to me, because you may have not noticed it, but there a loads of them. They are not slackers per se, they are just regular players that are very enthusiastic with raiding but that cannot cope with the skill that the game designers demand of them. Just take a look at the population of a server and see how many really have bosses downed and done some serious pvp: it will probably make the majority - and they are not all alts, and they also pay to play the game they enjoy, and feel frustrated with the skill that Blizz demand from them.

Some 85s are still going on LK content and fail, on 10 mans, especially in Ulduar (on the few tries we did with all 85s and a few others pugging we could not even get to see yogg Saron fight, even after like 3 nights of raid)

Thank you.
    Last edited by Brent; 06-03-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feralminded View Post
    Yeah but therein lies the misconception. Forcing hard mechanics on bad players doesn't make them better, it simply makes them quit.
    Yep. Seen it a lot, on guilds ranked 80th to 120th on my server, Doomhammer-EU. And I mean lots. I've met more players that have quit than ones that have kept on, even during the "easier" WotLK expansion.
    I myself quit playing wow during BC (for over a year till LK came out, cause it was just too damn hard and the concept of alts had not sinked in me).
    Last edited by Brent; 06-03-2011 at 09:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread