+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear Checkup, specifically gemming

Gear Checkup, specifically gemming

Hi all, the last three groups I am in have all said I am stacking stamina. I don't really think I am. If I am maybe you all could give me some constructive criticism.

Here is my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ankadin/simple

Please take a look and let me know what you think

Thanks!
    Gotankadin
    I'm not the man hiding behind the door in fear of danger. I'm the one that knocks... -WW, BB

what they are talking about are your pure stamina gems.

I don't play a pally tank, but I think you should go for hybrid gems that include 2 helpful stats. This way you build Dodge/parry/Mastery at the same time you are gaining some stamina. The new Cata model has us with large health pools just with our gear and allows us to work on other stats such as aviodance and mastery.

Go for pure mastery (Chimera's eyes in your case) gems in yellow and Prismatic sockets, and green gems in blue sockets. I think thats more of what you are looking for.

When doing this work towards keeping your dodge and parry close together becasue of diminishing returns. I would also not gem for expertise, just another observation.
    Last edited by Michultradk; 05-31-2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: changed Meta to Prismatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Best bet also is find 2-3 healers you know to q with and tell them to forget everyone else and just keep you alive.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...adin/optimized

quick and dirty.

It wont help you in the long run, if you dont understasnt the reason behind it.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/

try reading up on your class. it is a lot of work but worth it.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 05-31-2011 at 07:55 AM. Reason: add link

I also don't play a pally tank, but I'm pretty sure mastery is what everyone should be aiming for.

I also got told I was stacking stam, and after I changed out my gems I noticed how much easier tanking was with my higher mastery rating. I still have a couple stam gems in mine, but only because I forget to swap them out (or in my +101 stam gem case, I still want to get socket bonuses but can't find another yellow slot to put a +67 gem).

Also get the dodge enchant for your wrists when you become exalted, and don't forget to enchant ALL your gear. Maybe don't blow all your gold on something you're coming close to replacing (like your wrists or boots for the exalted ones) but still get them enchanted. Every little bit helps!

Enchant all your gear. Try and use reforging to keep your parry and dodge close to the same percentage. Gem for stam parry/mastery, pure mastery and mastery/stam to get socket bonuses that matter. Don't gem for expertise. Right now you are not geared for hard modes but when you are shoot for 165-170k unbuffed HP and gem as much mastery as you can beyond that. When you reforge try and stack mastery, don't worry about reforging for expertise, dodge, parry.

+ Reply to Thread