+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starting heroic raids.

Starting heroic raids.

I'm sure this topic is some where, however I'm having no luck finding it, so apologies for a re-post. My question is, (as a warrior tank) what kind of stats am I looking at to start heroic raiding?
    My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erune/advanced
    I have both stam trinks + TB mastery trinket, but I'm finding myself more and more lost the more I research on what the "right" or "good" health value is VS just taking the stam I have (from gear and puissant gems) and continue up the mitigation/avoidance tree.
    Forgive the absence of my poor math skills, but would a few % block really be better than ~10k health?
    (Note: I just dropped mining for JC and have not decided if I want the stam or mastery gem, hence more reason for this question).
    Thank you ^^

With your current equipped gear and choice of trinket/gems you're ready for any regular heroic mode encounter, your hitpoints will increase naturally (from upping itemlevel) over time until you progress to those hardhitters Nef/Cho'Gall/Sinestra. Hardmode bosses don't hit significantly harder, they only punish you for not paying 100% attention to their mechanics.

For JC gems: just pick up the mastery (fractured) ones. 10k more hitpoints might looks nice on paper but going from 180k to 190k versus further decreasing the chance of getting two unmigitated hits back to back (working on your combat table coverage) should be a nobrainer.

Right now you're at ~90% ctc with flask/mastery food and raidbuffs, gemming for stamina and picking up the vial will drop your ctc to ~ 85% in favor of 16k hitpoints. That doubles your chance of eating two unmigitated hits in a row from 1.5% to 3%.

And warrior specific you should never forget it's also 5% less critical block chance
    Last edited by klausi; 05-29-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Yeah, that's pretty much my general train of thought, just looking at players already in heroic gear got me confused, but thank you for the input . In regards to parry dodge ratio, is there a particular reason some top geared warriors have > 4 % (even 6%) more parry than dodge, does that have anything to do with particular heroic encounters?

It's Hold the Line talent, you can keep parry rating slightly higher because of it. But looking at your own character you should see the trend as well: going from 346 with dodge/mastery everywhere to 359 with parry/mastery on 3/4 of your gear.. even after a lot of reforging you'll still end up with a lot more parry rating.

+ Reply to Thread