+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Warriors vs Other Tanks on Threat

Six second long DoT is a really short one. So i personally would prefer to sum those abilities up to have more control to it, but nevertheless threat shouldn´t be a big case at all. i think we agree at this point =)

/little OT, I´m new here, anyone know why i cant upload an avatar? Its 100x100 Pixel jpg/gif/png 2-10kb maximum. tested every variety ^^. pls via PM.
    Last edited by zentok; 06-17-2011 at 10:59 PM.
    "calculating, calucalting, caclaulting, cacalutling, wtf where was i? Ahhh. Callcutaling now it makes sense!"

The thing with Deep wounds is that its its something you should worry about keeping up or not, treat it simply as "your crits hit a little harder".

Quote Originally Posted by zentok View Post
    /little OT, I´m new here, anyone know why i cant upload an avatar? Its 100x100 Pixel jpg/gif/png 2-10kb maximum. tested every variety ^^. pls via PM.
    Avatars are a donor only perk I believe.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Warriors' threat is fine and i think pally tanks' threat is poorer. I like warrior tanks cuz i never OT in my 10m raid team , our mt is a warrior.

Threat problems as a warrior

Warriors are going to have threat issues for a few basic reasons and those issues usually occur in the first 3 seconds or so of a pull. First, warriors usually have vigilance on the wrong person or not at all. In a five man run, vig should be up on the party member most likely to take damage, such as melee dos, because vengance will activate and increase your attack power obviously giving you the ability to generate more threat. Second, if you have a crit heavy dps pulling off you right out of the gate your opening the pull with the wrong abilities. Heroic throw should be first when possible ( followed by charge of course) then shield slam and then revenge because by that time revenge will almost always be active. These abilities will generate all the threat you need to keep a huntard from pulling off you. Don't be afraid to mark the first mob to go down. Just because there is no special ability you are trying to prevent, it just alleviates Threat issues because if all dps are focused on the same mob no aoe damage is capable of pulling off you. If you mark the first mob that will give you time for rend and thunder clap and cleave to ensure that the rest of the pull will always stay on you. When I do a pull like this, once we get to the next mob to be killed I have around 1000% threat so there is no crit that is gonna pull off me. As for raids with more than one tank you should have vigilence up on the other tank. The other tank is taking damage constantly so vengeance is procing and your taunt is now spammable. for example, during the Beth telic fight I have vig up on the upper level tank so I can taunt all the spinners down in a matter of seconds. Warriors are sweet tanks but because you don't have the pally threat increasing ability and you don't do as much pure dps as a DK you just have to use your abilities correctly. Lastly, if you have an second tank pulling off you then you are not using shield slam and revenge enough. These abilities, for me have almost caused wipes because I have pulled aggro back too soon before damage stacks have dropped off. Follow this my friend and you will soon be in the ranks of epic tankdom.

Necro-bumped!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyreuldaman View Post
    Warriors are going to have threat issues for a few basic reasons and those issues usually occur in the first 3 seconds or so of a pull. First, warriors usually have vigilance on the wrong person or not at all.
    This is an issue with the player not the warrior class. If i'm not using my abilities right, its my fault not the abilities fault

In a five man run, vig should be up on the party member most likely to take damage, such as melee dos, because vengance will activate and increase your attack power obviously giving you the ability to generate more threat. Second, if you have a crit heavy dps pulling off you right out of the gate your opening the pull with the wrong abilities. Heroic throw should be first when possible ( followed by charge of course) then shield slam and then revenge because by that time revenge will almost always be active. These abilities will generate all the threat you need to keep a huntard from pulling off you.
    This is incorrect; for a start you should incorporate Heroic leap into your pulls, and you should be using recklessness on the pull if you're having threat issues, and shield block too, Revenge is actually one of your weakest abilties in terms of Raw threat, its only ahead of Slam and Victory rush (and not even victory rush if its 100% effective healing). depending on how much you want to front load your threat you want to either go SS>CB, SS>Dev or SS>rend, the latter being the worst initial threat but the greatest sustained threat on single target.

Warriors are sweet tanks but because you don't have the pally threat increasing ability and you don't do as much pure dps as a DK you just have to use your abilities correctly.
    ALL four tanking specs do 500% of their damage as threat with their tanking stance Active, Blood oresence, Defensive stance, Bear form, Rightous Fury, all of them increase your threat, and warriors have COncussion blow that has a its own double threat modifier. If you hit 8k with CB, you just did 80k threat. The things a truck.

and as for not being a high a DPS as a DK....erm what? Warriors are kicking ass.

Lastly, if you have an second tank pulling off you then you are not using shield slam and revenge enough. These abilities, for me have almost caused wipes because I have pulled aggro back too soon before damage stacks have dropped off. Follow this my friend and you will soon be in the ranks of epic tankdom.
    Or your other tanks being an idiot and not throttling back his threat like a good team player. Taunt>Intervene you just matched his threat, and then cut off 10% of his off. no more threat problems. ever

Revenge is pretty meh, its our cheap move and with the 2pc t13 its got some added survivability but don't kid yourself, its really only good if you have rage issues DPS wise

+ Reply to Thread