+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can you quest in other zones?

can you quest in other zones?

i mean like,lets say i made a undead.could i quest from lvl 1 in kalimdor instead of the undead starting area

was just wonderin cuz i made this warrior yesterday in case i didnt like pvping with my rogue(the last time i made one,i kinda didnt like the whole.sub pvp main combo ability was backstab and backstab requires you to be behind your target to use)but when i went to undercity there was nothing on the warchiefs command board

i perfer questing 1-60 in eastern kingdoms then kalimdor

Yeap.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

Quote Originally Posted by feralminded View Post
    Yeap.
    so how do you do it? cuz i figured you just went to undercity or whatever and the quest would be on the warchiefs command board.but ya,i did that with my warrior i made and there was nothing there

Sorry I was being an asshat. Take your level 1 character and physically run (or have a friendly warlock or mage send/take you) to the starting area of your choice. It will take a good hour on foot and you will probably gain a level or 2 with exploration experience, but you can sure do it. I've had orcs level up in death knell and tauren start in the valley of trials.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people

Pretty sure you'd have to run there. A lot more work than necessary.

Sorry I was being an asshat. Take your level 1 character and physically run (or have a friendly warlock or mage send/take you) to the starting area of your choice. It will take a good hour on foot and you will probably gain a level or 2 with exploration experience, but you can sure do it. I've had orcs level up in death knell and tauren start in the valley of trials.
    hmm,maybe theres no actual warchiefs command board quest to start lvling in deathknell then.cuz i ran to undercity and there was nothing on the warchiefs command board,thats why i made this post

Its been a long time since I leveled a character but what does the board have to do with deathknell? If you just run there the quests should be all lit up, no?

Its been a long time since I leveled a character but what does the board have to do with deathknell? If you just run there the quests should be all lit up, no?
    i guess.i just figured(i dont really play alts that much)that in order to quest in the zone you gotta do the warchiefs command quest first

but i dont know,maybe im wrong.eather way im goin to deathknell right now to see if theres any quests so whatever.i know there wasnt a quest on the thunder bluff(i made a tauren)warchiefs command board so ya,maybe you just grab whatever quests you can find until a certain level

You don't need the Warchiefs board. Those are aids to point you in the right direction, not required. Just go to the starting zone you want and the quests will be there - I'm running my lvl 70 alts through the stormwind starting zone for rep for cheaper flying lessons. All you miss out on is the hero's board quest, which really is unimportant.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

In normal questing progression aren't you supposed to be like level 8 or so before even going to your first capital city. Why would their be postings for questing areas if you were following quest lines and wouldn't be there at that low of a level. They won't send you to a starting area because you start there, they assume you did that stuff before you even got to the capital city.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

i think you're supposed to level in your starting area at least for the first 8 levels or so like quinafoi said, then you can branch off and go wherever. I did that with my undead rogue since i'm far more familiar with the kalimdor quests (every other char is an orc)

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    i think you're supposed to level in your starting area at least for the first 8 levels or so like quinafoi said, then you can branch off and go wherever. I did that with my undead rogue since i'm far more familiar with the kalimdor quests (every other char is an orc)
    well,i ran to deathknell and there was a quest there.but im only gonna level the character if i dont like pvping with my rogue cuz i made a rogue but i dont know.maybe waylay plus crippling poison makes it easier(backstab is like the main combo point generator and requires you to be behind the target to use) but i found it harder to pvp with a sub rogue then other classes

but i know the last time i pvped with a rogue waylay was a pretty bad talent i think so i never took it and some rogues who ive heard were really good in pvp have waylay so i guess ill try that and see if it works.unless the first 8 levels thing is why i didnt see any quest on the warchiefs command board,because ya.i pretty much just made the toon and ran to undercity i didnt really do any quests or anything

although i did pick up one quest in deathknell though
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 05-26-2011 at 01:28 PM.

That estimate of level 8 was just a ballpark figure. Levels 1-10 were generally done in the starting zone prior to cataclysm. With levels 1-5 in the beginning area, levels 6-9 generally in the first town (quest hub). And then like one more additional level worth of quests when you finally get to the major city. Around level 10 was when they would send you to the next zone.

I haven't redone early questing zones since cataclysm and while I do know that quests have changes quite a bit, I believe this basic concept still remains (first few in starting area, then next few in first town, then move to major city). Which in general agrees with this zone level guide (exceptions being the new races Goblin and Worgen as their starting zones go to level 12).
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Zones_by_level

The official World of Warcraft site apparently no longer has a zone level guide anymore, least not that I can find (it used to back when it was www.worldofwarcraft.com).
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

ya,i guess i could always just level to 10 and see cuz i dont know.i just perfer eastern kingdoms over kalimdor as far as questing goes but i made a tauren so i dont know

i figured i could just fly to undercity at level 1.grab the warchiefs command quest and start questing

The warchief's command quests require you to be level 10 before they are visible. It will probably take you longer to get from the tauren starting zone to the UD level 1 starting area than it would to level to 10.

hmm i guess ill level to 10 then

didnt really wanna start seriously lvling it cuz i dont know,i wanted to make a rogue but i kinda didnt really like pvping with rogues before(even though there fun as hell at lower levels)and i figured if i changed some stuff and didnt like it still then id just make a warrior cuz i know arms is pretty fun in pvp

although the last time i tried pvping with a warrior i was like bottom on arathi basin and i know for a class that wears plate i seemed to die pretty fast.but i didnt have any boas so im guessing maybe that was my problem
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 05-27-2011 at 09:49 AM.

I used to always run my alliance alts over to Stormwind to level them. You can run into some issue with class quests depending on what your class is and if there is a trainer there, but otherwise worked fine.

I have rolled new toons, then started them in a area that was not the original. After so many toons you tend to get bored running them through the same areas, all the time. This also applies to the quest chain after the starting area.

+ Reply to Thread