+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5 Person Heroic Preferred Tank

5 Person Heroic Preferred Tank

Evening folks.

I'm a bit of an alt freak. I've also been blessed with decent money making skills. So, my situation at present is that I have 9 85s. I gain little pleasure from dpsing or healing, it seems.

So, I've levelled my "tanking" characters and geared them up from the AH in the best way possible.

Warrior iLvl 351
    Paladin iLvl 353
    Druid iLvl 354
    DK iLvl 357

The problem I'm faced with at the moment is that I have very little experience tanking in Cataclysm (did some on my druid in TBC). The likelyhood of me ever wanting to raid is slim and would just be a casual thing at best.

Which is the preferred tank these days for 5 man heroics? I guess it's a question for healers...which do you prefer to heal? Which is easiest to heal?

I have no preference over which one I choose at this stage. I'm torn and flitting between them all.

Thank you in advance!

No one likes warrior tanks.... /sulks off and cries

Best tank is the one that knows their abiltiies, how to generate and maintain threat, uses CDs to reduce damage, and knows what is going on how to place the group.

There isn't a 'best'. It comes down to the player's ability.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Any of the four tank classes is fine, if geared, specced, enchanted, reforged, and played correctly.

They're all fine, I don't mind healing any of them. I do find that bears seem to take more damage, but it's not an issue.

in the wrath days I prefered holy pallies but these days I just pray for someone that knows how to play and is slightly geared enough for the instance and I am good. I loath healing groups full of stupid people.
    but you know what they say about common sence.....

it isn't very common *head desk*

Re: 5 Person Heroic Preferred Tank

To echo the above - The 'toon played by a competent and (key, IMO). Situationally Aware player. Class is of relatively little importance.

< Insert Annoying Droid/Tapatalk Message Here >

Situational awareness plays a gigantic role in tanking.. and is actually a wonderful life skill that has kept me out of a few car accidents. LOL! As long as you know what you're doing AND what's going on, any tank class does marvelous.

I just have to restate what everyone is saying here. I know you probably just want help choosing a class, but I'd advise just picking whichever class you find the most fun and then do your homework and glue yourself to an experienced tank of the same class for advice.
    If anyone in this nation could read, they'd be outraged!

+ Reply to Thread