+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Faster for Leveling?

Faster for Leveling?

I am a Bear tank LVL 18 What is faster to Level up (I have all heriloom gear) Questing or Randoms?

Dungeon finder can be a very quick way of leveling, especially for tanks cos they get instant queue times.
    Questing can equally be as fast, but you need to know where to go, what to do and what new areas to go to when you get a high enough level.

It doesn't matter much either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Dungeons are probably faster until around level 40, then I think questing is probably a bit faster, but both are competitive.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

With the way questing is now in the old world, I'd say it's a toss up until you get to TBC, then it's dungeons up to 80.

Re: Faster for Leveling?

Either way is fast and easy, just a matter of putting in the time.

Personally, I find questing to be far less annoying than dealing with PuGs. So I generally quest for the most part, doing an instance or 3 as I go to break the monotony.

Either way: Once you pass 80, reputation becomes important. So you will need to quest the areas belonging to the various Factions to at least Friendly/Honored. That'll get you your Tabards, and allow you to finish repping in Dungeons.

< Insert Annoying Droid/Tapatalk Message Here >

Faster for Leveling?

Yep, pug to 80. Quest to 85. Put on your Tabard/s and join randoms to rep and badge up.

15-80 LFG pugs will give you the necessary 'thick skin' you will need as you step into the cata 5 mans.

Also you can get away with loads as a baby tank, so you'll have all your pulls and tanking methods down by time you hit 85.

My Druid is sleeping now. Loving being a Gnome Prot Warrior.

Tanking in WoLK on the way from 68 - 80 is a trip these days. I just did a warrior, and just about everyone in the groups were leveling alts; it was really just a bunch of lol pull fests and trying to get each other killed; but 70-80 went real fast; (they did speed up the leveling) like a blurr.

Quote Originally Posted by Babum View Post
    Yep, pug to 80. Quest to 85. Put on your Tabard/s and join randoms to rep and badge up.

15-80 LFG pugs will give you the necessary 'thick skin' you will need as you step into the cata 5 mans.

Also you can get away with loads as a baby tank, so you'll have all your pulls and tanking methods down by time you hit 85.
    ^ This. Especially as a bear. Bears are getting HATED ON right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Bears are getting HATED ON right now.
    this is news to me
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Its the lack of Thrash at low levels and weak swipe (although this was fixed recently) Baercubs just don't have comparable AoE threat to a baby prot warriors blood and thunder or Pally's hammer. It's really not as bad as haron makes out though.

+ Reply to Thread