+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In terms of disc: heartsong or powertorrent

In terms of disc: heartsong or powertorrent

So powertorrent as we all know is quite expensive for less procs and less mana regen. hence tends to be saved till u have a good purp weapon. However my question is in terms of disc is it even worth it then.

in mana regen purly from the buff heartsong from my research seems better. However when you add in this like rapture (which if nothing else should be at the very least be procing on most fights if not all ur cds are) and shadowfiend which return a % of ur total mana (not sure btw if that means max mana or mana u have at the time, i assume max since otherwise it seems kinda bleh) does powertorrent become the front runner.

Yes i know powertorrent also will inc ur crit and sp slightly but it seems relativly negligable in the grand scheme of things.

Aren't we all so happy i keep having priest questions. Let the great enchant battle begin.

Basically does powertorrent's benefits really justify its cost on any weapon or is heartsong not only cheaper but just as good if not better.
    ~Ari

Disc is pretty much the only heal spec that won't have a hugely noticeable regen decrease going from Heartsong to Power Torrent. If you're Disc only or Disc/Shadow, it's a worthwhile investment to trade a small amount of mana for a pretty substantial throughput proc. If you play Holy with any regularity, I would hold off until you're absolutely confident in your mana regen there.

Also, it looks so much COOLER. Seriously.

ya I haven't decided if I will be disc/shadow or if some encounters my guild will prefer me to or if i will be board so will learn holy. I will have to wait and see but if i can "save up" the mats or to buy them i guess it would be a good thing in the long term if it needs to be. but nice to see that heartsong isn't horible and can be used if it has to.

I'm really not a fan of intellect procs as a resto druid, either. Granted, if you lined up regen cooldowns with Power Torrent procs it's a strong regen source, but not tremendously so.

idk to me it seems like allot of money for not a huge added return. I may consider it for the right piece of gear or keep mats around but it sounds all around like heartsong is just as good or at least passable and significantly easier to come by. we shall see

I put Power Torrent on my Disc Priest, Holy Pally and Mage - and I'm glad I did. The proc seems nice and when it does proc, along with my TB trinket my mana goes to about 158k lol; but seriously, the heals hit harder.

Also, Mal Crystals are pretty cheap and plentiful these days; I pick up a lot in runs. So far I've put Power Torrent on three weapons, Wind Walker on one, Peerless Stats on two toons, the highest Stam chest enchant on three two toons, bought the Wind Walker and Power Torrent enchant patterns and have 12 crystals in the bank - these things are like roaches now.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I put Power Torrent on my Disc Priest, Holy Pally and Mage - and I'm glad I did. The proc seems nice and when it does proc, along with my TB trinket my mana goes to about 158k lol;
    Pretty sure I saw ~190k when I had everything line up one day with a Hymn of Hope. I went back to Heartsong though because I use holy too much and Spirit is OP as hell for holy.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

I recently changed from Heartsong to Power Torrent. The price will go down alot now with the maelstroms being more accessible & agree with Seb, it looks sooooo pretty! LOL

I don't heal Holy at all anymore, or I'd put Heartsong back on, the guild had me OS shadow, not that I get to dps ever. I was told I made the mistake of being a good healer.

Many people don't consider that healing for more will often allow you to cast fewer heals, meaning throughput indirectly gives effective regen. Intellect is a beast stat for Disc; go with Power Torrent.

+ Reply to Thread