+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid tank reforging

Raid tank reforging

Sorry to add to the abundance of reforging threads for warriors, but I was just wondering if I could get some advice in terms of how I should have my gear reforged.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hofdark/simple (shows me in tank gear at the moment, and hopefully it will stay that way)

I am under the impression that for my level of gear, I am best of sitting at a 1:1.5 Dodge to parry ratio, and this has served me well so far. But after an attempt at Nefarian, in which I took a lot of damage (while tanking Onyxia), it was suggested to me that I try aiming for a 1:1 ratio.

If anyone could tell me which I should be aiming for, and if possible, link me to somewhere that explains the maths behind your reasoning, so I can work it out for myself in future and not have to take up anymore of your time

Thanks in advance

Most statistics say to have dodge 2 or 3% lower then Parry. This is because of the added benifit from HtL procs, and is an increase in overall mitigation even though a 1:1 ration would give you maximum avoidance do to the least diminision returns. Personally, I sit close to 1:1 ratio, although I probably should have a little bit higher parry.

Cattebrie- Emerald Dream (US)

Don't drop parry down to dodge's level. In hardmodes where there are stacking debuffs (tanking Halifus) then avoidance > mastery to a degree, but I don't recall anything like that for Ony tanking.

More likely is you're getting a crackle at the same time you've moved her tail facing the raid and your healers have been tailswipped and you've been eletrocuted, which is a bad combination (At least I noticed this was the only time if 'felt' like I was taking damage). Having shield wall around for those situations and alternating shield block with the TB trinket for magic damage reduction to Crackle will do far more good than reforging.

You're in your PvP set, so can't offer anything specific - but you don't have any minor glyphs, and granted most minor glyphs are bad. Glyphs of Demo Shout and Int. Shout are required and useful, respectively. Also, since you're on Ony, you'll probably be on adds in P3 - Glyph of Thunderclap (that's the increased range) over heroic throw would be valuable.

Since you're on adds - if your threat is okay, I'd suggest moving the 2 points from Thunderstruck or Cruelty into B+T so you have a good AoE tool to keep threat on adds - even if you're the second add tank, making sure you're #2 on their threat table in case they run away from the main add tank is a good thing.

My guess though is you're getting 2 mechanics (tailswipped healers and a Nef crackle) that are creating a big burst - and it's not your avoidance levels. Evening out dodge and parry, especially if you're above 55% block, will make you harder to heal. You're losing some avoidance to increased diminishing returns, but it's offset by the increased smoothing of damage of your blocks.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Loganisis is right. Crackles are all about using the correct cooldowns. Most people generally have 2 crackles in phase 1.
    So one crackles should be Shield Wall,
    and the second crackle should be last stand + TB Trinket + Shield block.

You maybe able to use shield block on both depending on the speed of your DPS.

+ Reply to Thread