+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Symbolic Worm better for pallies or bears?

Symbolic Worm better for pallies or bears?

I tank for my guild with a bear 99% of the time in our raid group and we were having discussions about trinkets and the bear wants symbolic worm because she doesn't have a stam trinket yet for certain fights. I was thinking vial of stolen memories would be better for bears because of the dodge it gave, while the symbolic worm would be better for me because of the mastery it gave. She's an officer in the guild so of course everyone is on her side about it just because I have two 359 trinkets, even though they're not as good as symbolic worm.

Whose right on this one? Me or her, or are the trinkets good for both bears and pallies? I know the dodge one would be ok for a pally, but I would assume the mastery one would be even better. How should we handle this when it does actually drop, because neither of us have seen it drop once.

This is why I hate /roll systems -_-. Happened to my mace off maloriak when an alt raid night I was tanking for the alt tank won the mace and he never tanks.

Well the worm procs on it's own, and the vial is an on use trinket. Mastery is still great for bears and dodge is still good for pallies. It's kinda like arguing if apples or oranges are better for race a or race b.
    I really don't think it should matter, but since you have said the bear doesn't have a stam trinket yet, it would probably do you raid the best as a whole for her to get a stam trinket.

I know they are both good, didn't know if one was better or not. But I was on the dk kiting worms tonight so the bear got it lol.

Honestly - if you have 2 359s including a good stam trinket and your co-tank doesn't have 1 good stam trinket, regardless of whether it's fractionally better for once class or another, it's signifcantly better for your raid if your co-tank gets the first one.

Now it worked out that way, but I agree 100% with uglie as a general philosophy, instead of being munchkin about grabbing BiS, occasionaly sitting on something slightly not as good as what drops for the betterment of the raid is the way to go. It has zero to do with her being an officer to be honest.

They're something for being proactive in aquiring gear, just be careful not to let proactive become something more. :-)
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

It's best if both tanks have the option of equipping Stamina trinkets if necesarry.

That said, none of the normal mode fights in T11 need them.

Worm is just an awesome trinket for block tanks, pushing paladin tanks near the unhittable cap on 359 level - it's working like a 10s shieldwall on all crucial physical attacks every 30 seconds.

Druids regulary want the VP trinket + a blue one from Tol'Vir but if she feels in need of a huge hitpoint boost for engaging the first heroic bosses anytime soon you should be fair and pass for her if you already got Mirror+Alchemy or something like that.

+ Reply to Thread