+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is my stamina too low?

Is my stamina too low?

Hi Guys,

I've played Warrior for a long time and ever since Cataclysm if focused more on Mastery then stamina. But now I've come to a point where I ask myself should I focus a little more on stamina? Specially fights like the Bear guy in Zul Aman and last boss when he shifts into Lynx mode gives the random healers some problems it seems.

I know I shouldnt really take any word that random PUGs say to heart but just to ease my mind so to speak :P Should I get some more stamina?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ireihei/simple

You should be able to do Za/Zg with 140k unbuffed. Just use cds when the bear got bleeds up and when the lynx goes mental. That said i found that using 1 avoidance/mastery trinket + 1 stam trinket is a nice balance between stamina and damage reduction, should give your healers just a bit more buffer to counter spike damage.

Gemming looks good wouldn't change that

You have enough stamina. However, have 2000 more parry rating than dodge rating is WAY too wide a gap. You should probably be in the 500-700 rating difference. At this point I'm guessing you're way past the point that HtL is holding off the DR from Parry.

You can also raise your mastery some more to help further smooth out the damage (parry trinket, gloves) - not much, but a little.

I'd suggest reforging your parry into mastery when you can. Then unforging dodge into parry, if you're still more than ~800 rating apart then even go so far as reforging parry into dodge.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    You have enough stamina. However, have 2000 more parry rating than dodge rating is WAY too wide a gap. You should probably be in the 500-700 rating difference. At this point I'm guessing you're way past the point that HtL is holding off the DR from Parry.

You can also raise your mastery some more to help further smooth out the damage (parry trinket, gloves) - not much, but a little.

I'd suggest reforging your parry into mastery when you can. Then unforging dodge into parry, if you're still more than ~800 rating apart then even go so far as reforging parry into dodge.

dosnt "hold the line math" thread suggest otherwise?
    Reev: So, do I macro /dance into Shield Slam now? Raysere: Yes, I hear it increases your DPS Gold balance gear quality attractiveness to the opposite gender considerably

Quote Originally Posted by truculent View Post
    dosnt "hold the line math" thread suggest otherwise?
    Not unless I"ve mis-interpreted. Even at higher levels of mastery, say ~2500, it was still 'best' to be 4-5% parry > dodge. So that would be may 800-1000. I don't recall 2,000 ever being a shown as a positive gap in current gear.

HtL is great, but it's greatness does have an upper end.

Edit - Pulling a little bit forward, especially since it's relevent to the oP's mastery level:

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...the-Line-Maths

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiyama View Post
    Ran some numbers after fixing Rawr up for Hold the Line.

On a profile where Mastery has been optimized for (2400 Mastery Rating) and adjusting for Shield Block uptime, Hold the Line's impact on Parry is quite notable.

With the remaining stats available on gear, the break-even point for Dodge vs. Parry was hit when Parry was at 2260 Rating and Dodge was at 1575 Rating. That is a rather large gap.
    The OP has slighty more mastery (2500+) but what we see here is a break point of 785 rating difference, far lower than the 2000+ difference in rating the OP has.
    Last edited by Loganisis; 05-21-2011 at 08:34 AM.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

So basiclly my mastery is abit over the top. If i may conclude from the replies.
    Speccing a bit more or reforging more to dodge should balance it out right?

Quote Originally Posted by HellRaver View Post
    So basiclly my mastery is abit over the top. If i may conclude from the replies.
    Speccing a bit more or reforging more to dodge should balance it out right?
    Where did you get that? Everything was parry was too far ahead of dodge, so the increased DR were greater than the benefit of HtL.

You want as much mastery as you can get. In Hard Mode raiding you start to look for stamina, but for heroics and normal mode you *cannot* have too much mastery.

Mastery >> Parry >= Dodge.

Balance your parry out so it's 800-1000 ahead of dodge, not 2000.

Every piece of gear should have mastery on it, if it doesn't, reforge to mastery. Then balance out dodge and parry.

Alrighty I get it now hehe. Its just because I reforge the highest stat to mastery and mostly that's dodge I gues thats just how the items are balanced. So dodge is the stat is refore to mastery most of the time. Hence the balance issue.

Ill try and reforge some parry to mastery instead to make some more balance and leave dodge alone when the item has dodge and mastery

It's not just that, it's also that Str gives parry, agility gives dodge. So as a ProtWarrior, you'll have more parry naturally, and the 'gap' will grow as you get gear with more strength on it.

There's no law that says you have to choose to reforge dodge -> mastery before parry -> mastery. Or you must reforge hit to parry instead of dodge.

If you have 'too much' parry, if it's dodge/parry gear, reforge the parry into mastery. If it's parry/mastery gear, reforge the parry into dodge. If it's mastery/threat stat gear, reforge the threat stat into dodge instead of parry. These are all valid options if you're past the inflection point where additional parry rating isn't optimal because the accelerated diminishing returns are now greater than the HtL benefit.

Point taken ok.
    Now Ill load up rawr and hope it works getting my char from bnet

While you might be able to optimize a little with reforging, it's not going to make a huge difference (couple of % points in avoidance either way). If you are having problems staying alive, it's going to be down to technique (use of defensive cooldowns, keeping your tc/ds up), and probably a few upgrades.

Regarding upgrades, any reason you aren't wearing the Ramkahen exalted bracers (you have the required faction)? It doesn't look like you are doing tol barad dailies (the mirror trinket is very good). Other than that, I guess judging by your raid progression that you'll have to hope for more drops in ZG/ZA and filling out those Valor point rewards until 4.2

Another thought would be on professions. If you wanted to get serious about performance, you'd probably want to drop the gathering professions for something that gives you a customisable performance boost (e.g. JC, BS).

Well the only reason is the mastery on these bracers. And according to the stats on Elitest Jerks these are a bit better then the faction ones.
    Well it's not I die a whole lot I just see some healers struggel a bit on the bear and daarka boss lynx modes.
    I almost got enough VPs for the set hands which give me a nice bonus. And hope the legs drop from BH which I run each week now

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Well you might wanna check the healers gear then, they might be too low on spirit, because on my holy priest at 2.8k spirit I do just fine on those fights with tanks around your gear level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

That might also be a part of the problem. But you know how it works blame the tank! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    You have enough stamina.

Thats what she said.
    Reev: So, do I macro /dance into Shield Slam now? Raysere: Yes, I hear it increases your DPS Gold balance gear quality attractiveness to the opposite gender considerably

Well both of those fights have some heavy damage that you should be mitigating with cooldowns. (i.e. either shield wall or last stand + enraged regen when he's a bear or if you taunt the lynx off someone) and you'll want to be keeping your demo shout + thunder clap up.... are you doing those things?

Aye Sir!
    Both and doing cd's whenever things get hairy

+ Reply to Thread