+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Disc to smite or not to smite that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by Arielin View Post
    Well bliz has stated that it should "make them oom at thwe same rate other classes do" translation they will be mana starved till there is a hotfix
    lol - yeah that sums it up.

I use the smite playstyle where I cn, but as Theotherone said earlier sometimes you cant, in the new dungeons for example. It is a fun style to play though. I Like the fact I'm not only healing, I'm helping kill the boss tht teeny tiny bit faster too!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
    btw if you are looking at my spec and thinking crit wtf or low haste wtf I know it may look off compared to the guides but I have tried all the other specs i.e full mastery ( 30k shields ), full haste fast Gheal / PoH casts and they turned out bad for the way I play lately I found a nice balance of crit and mastery to be the best option with no more then 11% haste raid buffed.
    Now that my guild isn't drowning in Holy Pallies, I'm assigned to tank healing much more often, and I must say I'm warming up to this kind of gearing. The stat priority is so fuzzy you have to tweak it to suit your needs.

The other night I needed 40 VP to get the valor boots and send them to my Warrior tank, so I que for a random and get SFK. The group was okay geared and on the first boss they don't let him get any heal off on the 2nd strangulate, I spam PoH but the tank goes down, then the rest of the raid except me. Boss has about 500k left and I just basically Smited him to death. LOL.

please tell me the group was shocked the healer killed the boss then sung your praises

Quote Originally Posted by Arielin View Post
    please tell me the group was shocked the healer killed the boss then sung your praises
    They were pretty shocked and one commented, but all in all, I didn't get the praise I was expecting; I think some were miffed I let them die. But, the saga continued. On the third boss, the tank pulled the back three adds to the middle of the room and aggro'd the boss while those adds were up and we beat the boss. The healing was actually not that bad, but they made no comment on that - that boss used to be a wipe fest with the DnD, the flame breath and the adds. I think these groups are falling back into the WoLK mentality as we get geared - healer can keep me up no matter what.

Yeah, healing is usually taken for granted. People who say "WTF Healer, let me die!" obviously don't play healers.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

or my favorite how is raiding as a healer hard u just stare at boxes o_0.

like they could do it

^ to which you watch their box go from green, to yellow, to red to "oh crap, I was staring at some else's box, my bad, sorry dude."

i have no idea what your talking about i haven't wiped groups because the tank started screaming for me to heal him

To screaming tank (or anyone, screaming for heals):

My Next Text Macro

"I have an addon that automatically debuffs any healing, when triggered by QQ. Cry, and I will watch you die. Thank you."
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

+ Reply to Thread