+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy advice

Holy advice

I need help with a few things.

What should i be looking for in armour if im a holy paladin?

Are holy paladins good for dps aswell as healing?

Is ret better than holy? If ret is better, what should i be looking for in armour for ret?

Thank you.

Holy Pallies want Int lots of Int, that also whant enough Spirit to feel comfortable with their in combat mana regen, and then some haste, Crit, and maybe some mastery

Holy pallies are not very good DPS, If you want to DPS as a pallie you really need to be Ret. Ret likes Strength, alot of strength. ideally you would cap both hit(8%) and expertise (26skill) and then Mastery followed by Crit (mastery is only just ahead of crit) with Haste quite undesirably.

Holy stat priority: Int > Spirit > Haste >>>> Crit/Mastery

When you get into raid gear you can judge for yourself whether Haste overtakes Spirit or not, but in blues and stuff this is the definite stat priority. Crit and Mastery are both very weak.

Holy Paladins are definitely not good for DPS. Technically you could spec into Exorcism and do a little damage, but it's not very good. Ret I don't know crap about so I won't comment, but yet it's a DPS spec and does quite well from what I've seen.

If i become a ret paladin, will i still be able to heal myself?

Yes, retri has good selfheals. It is out of the focus for the spec, however. Your mana pool will be a lot smaller as ret due to Strength being the primary stat for ret, and that isn't found on gear with Intellect and vice versa. You want to wear plate armor whenever possible.

What Seb said. Personally, I like haste at this point over spirit, but don't get me wrong, I like spirit. Crit and Mastery are really meh, the mastery shields don't shield worth a dam and crit's okay for getting Infusion of Light procs, but I wouldn't stack it. As for dps, not really great for holy. I don't know Ret as my OS is protection.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...straw/advanced

+ Reply to Thread